UKBouldering.com

[Peak] [Mervyn Stutter near Eatswood] [Kent Clark] [7C+] (Read 4619 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I picked up that Joe Heeley (the younger) reported on Instagram that he did the project rib left of Skooter Ram mentioned in the guide last year

dave

No jumping off the block?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

mark20

• junky

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
This isn't quite the project as I mentioned it in the guide, or as Ned very nearly did it some years ago (fell off high up when a crimp broke).
The original project was the left arete without using the right arete (for hands or feet). Seemed an obvious rule at the time given that we'd just climbed the right arete at about 7a+. The start was pretty desperate without the crack and block for feet.
I'm not dissing Joe's solution, just noting the difference which partly accounts for Dan/Ned not doing back in 2011 or whenever it was.

Steve R

• forum abuser
 :lol: that's quite probably the best high five palm smother of an intended fist pound I've seen all week.  Problem looks good though, nice one.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Nigel

• forum hero
Jon makes a good point. I was there same day Ned and Dan tried the Mervyn Stutter project and it wasn't this. It was much further left and pretty outrageous. Defo no blocks / R arête. I remember very little about the climbing there but this looks like a low start into Scooter Ram sans arête high up, maybe? Not judging the quality /difficulty of this line as it looks nice, just pointing out that the project that was listed as such was a different concept by far. This is a weird bit of rock though with not a lot of room for things, Ned and Dan's thing was possibly very blinkered.

andy_e

• forum hero
Always wondered shark, but why do you write "eatswood" every time? Is it that I've always got the crag name wrong or is it some in-joke or other?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Always wondered shark, but why do you write "eatswood" every time? Is it that I've always got the crag name wrong or is it some in-joke or other?

We've set it up so that it changes to this every time you spell it correctly so as not to attract unwelcome googlers

andy_e

• forum hero
I see! Like cragx pr0n.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal