slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 08, 2015, 07:08:43 pm
Beats the fuck out of my 5+ at the climbing hangar.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 08, 2015, 07:31:21 pm
Awesome.

Doylo

• forum hero
#3 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 08, 2015, 07:58:32 pm
Genuine legend, been doing this since the 90s.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#4 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 08, 2015, 11:11:31 pm
Today I climbed the first ascent of El Bon Combat 9b/+...

Quote from: Chris Sharma
Today I climbed the first ascent of El Bon Combat 9b/+ @giancolafoto Two years ago after climbing La Dura Dura It was time to mix it up. Years of single pointed focus on pushing the limits of sport climbing had taken a bit of a toll. It was time to get back to the roots of climbing, travelling, having fun, being spontaneous and opening up to new inspiration. It's interesting though, we always gravitate back to who we are. What's the next step, where do we go from here? Well if we are open to it, life has a way of guiding us along. My friend @marti_boncombat had a project that I'd heard about at Cova de Ocell 40 min from Barcelona and when I checked it out I was drawn back to and reminded of what my life has been about for so long; the lines that grab our imagination and inspire us to take our game up a notch , The King Lines . Something created by Mother Nature as if it were designed to be climbed, perfect shapes, just barely enough to find a path up, something worthy of dedicating yourself to 200%. Since June I've tried this line and it's reawakened my passion for straight up, at your limit, hard climbing. After many Close calls and a ton of effort it finally came together today. So psyched to be back in the flow and very excited for more. Mucho agradecimiento a @marti_boncombat para la visión de equipar ese vía tan perfecta, a @marc.lemenestrel por compartir ratos tan bonitos juntos hablando de la vida al pie de vía, a @giancolafoto por grabar y asegurarme todos los días de ese viaje largó , y por su puesto a mi chica preciosa @alarconjimena por ser un apollo increíble en mi vida te amo ! And of course thanks to all the support from everyone who has been following and sending me good vibes and messages!  Stay tuned for the video soon! Tambien tengo muchas ganas de compartir pronto un nuevo proyecto que tengo aqui en Barcelona. Va a ser de otro nivel! @prana @over-caffeinated sugary drink company @evolvusa @sterlingrope @petzl_official @walltopia @climbskinspain @clifbarcompany @metoliusclimbing @sanukfootwear

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 09, 2015, 06:59:12 am
Are some unable to click a link?  :shrug:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:17:10 am by slackline »

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#6 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 09, 2015, 08:38:02 am
When at work, yes...  :ras:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#7 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 09, 2015, 09:24:16 am
Its ok, the original link will still be here when you get home later.  :ras:

(Or use your phone  ;) )
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:39:24 am by slackline »

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#8 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 09, 2015, 11:00:45 am
Quote from: Chris Sharma
Today I climbed the first ascent of El Bon Combat 9b/+ @giancolafoto Two years ago after climbing La Dura Dura It was time to mix it up. Years of single pointed focus on pushing the limits of sport climbing had taken a bit of a toll. It was time to get back to the roots of climbing, travelling, having fun, being spontaneous and opening up to new inspiration. It's interesting though, we always gravitate back to who we are. What's the next step, where do we go from here? Well if we are open to it, life has a way of guiding us along. My friend @marti_boncombat had a project that I'd heard about at Cova de Ocell 40 min from Barcelona and when I checked it out I was drawn back to and reminded of what my life has been about for so long; the lines that grab our imagination and inspire us to take our game up a notch , The King Lines . Something created by Mother Nature as if it were designed to be climbed, perfect shapes, just barely enough to find a path up, something worthy of dedicating yourself to 200%. Since June I've tried this line and it's reawakened my passion for straight up, at your limit, hard climbing. After many Close calls and a ton of effort it finally came together today. So psyched to be back in the flow and very excited for more.

Great stuff! Proper legend really.  :punk:

Doylo

• forum hero

Duma

• forum hero
#10 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 09, 2015, 04:11:25 pm
and only 25m long...

Beast!

good info there from PM, every other report I've seen on this has basically just regurgitated his FB post.

Doylo

• forum hero
#11 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 09, 2015, 07:46:20 pm
and only 25m long...

Beast!

good info there from PM, every other report I've seen on this has basically just regurgitated his FB post.

I've just worked out that's a 8A every 5 metres. I knew that GCSE would come in handy one day.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#12 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 09, 2015, 10:15:28 pm
 :offtopic: Planet Mountain is a really good source of news across all climbing disciplines. :offtopic:

Duma

• forum hero
#13 Re: El Bon Combat (9b/+)
March 09, 2015, 10:27:56 pm
:offtopic: Planet Mountain is a really good source of news across all climbing disciplines. :offtopic:
True dat

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal