UKBouldering.com

Wanted: QDs (Read 663 times)

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
Wanted: QDs
February 19, 2014, 10:00:04 pm
I want a new set of sport draws as mine are 1. about 6 years old and 2. I dont feel happy on them anymore.They arent damaged just not happy for whatever reason.
Can anyoe recommend a good deal on sports draws? Currently in France and I can get 10x 10cm Camp basic draws for 70euro.... Good deal but are they shite?

krymson

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Wanted: QDs
February 20, 2014, 02:26:10 am
If you are talking about the orbit wires I highly recommend them. Dirt cheap yet very well made and durable. I climb in a sea cliff area with rough rock and my camp wires have held up much better over two years than my WC helium/wild wires have in 6 months.

They are light, super strong and well designed. CAMP uses sewn dogbones so there's no rubber thong failures ala tito traversa. Perhaps most importantly the handling is superb. The carabiners are great to hold and are very light, yet feel solid in your hand. The shape of the nose and the gate action is such that clipping and unclipping is a breeze. My WC heliums have a hooded nose yet my Camp draws work much much smoother even with a hooked nose. It's all in the design.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:33:39 am by krymson »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal