UKBouldering.com

Gites in Fontainebleau (Read 2258 times)

Cretin

• regular
Gites in Fontainebleau
February 11, 2014, 05:01:52 pm
Hi, looking for advice on a gite in Font.

there are 6 of us. We have stayed in the jonquilles gite before and it was awesome but isn't available on our dates (May 24-31). We have also stayed in the Poligny gite which was good, but a bit too far out for my liking. The Maisonbleau gite is also booked up.

Any recommendations?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Gites in Fontainebleau
February 11, 2014, 05:14:15 pm
Hi, looking for advice on a gite in Font.

there are 6 of us. We have stayed in the jonquilles gite before and it was awesome but isn't available on our dates (May 24-31). We have also stayed in the Poligny gite which was good, but a bit too far out for my liking. The Maisonbleau gite is also booked up.

Any recommendations?

See the Wiki and search the site as its been asked many times.

Cretin

• regular
#2 Re: Gites in Fontainebleau
February 11, 2014, 05:21:04 pm
Thanks Slackline, was also hoping for a few peoples personal experiences and opinions though?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3 Re: Gites in Fontainebleau
February 11, 2014, 05:25:09 pm
Thanks Slackline, was also hoping for a few peoples personal experiences and opinions though?

Read the results of the search.  They contain peoples recommendations as people have asked the same question before (unsurprisingly!) and more recently there was a thread on a gite that you probably want to avoid.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#4 Re: Gites in Fontainebleau
February 11, 2014, 05:25:36 pm
Will sleep 7 (a bit pokey but it there you go) swimming pool (might be warm enough), the  owner next door who speaks English and is a top chap (former scrum half for Racing Metro) it's 2 minutes from Milly la Foret in the car or a 20 minute walk (40 minutes post pub) we've booked for a second year running! 

The only thing it lacks is an open fire, but in July that's not much of a problem

www.lejardindesroches.fr

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#5 Re: Gites in Fontainebleau
February 11, 2014, 06:44:46 pm
I am not recommending my favourite gite any more as it's been booked every time since.

cha1n

• forum hero
#6 Re: Gites in Fontainebleau
February 12, 2014, 07:55:52 pm
I just found out about thehouse.fr

Seems like it's well situated and the owner is very nice and is letting me have some car parts delivered to his gite and I'm not even staying there. Can't get fairer than that!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal