UKBouldering.com

keeping it real........ ales that is! (Read 228361 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
'tother half came back with this for me today:

Rather good really - more body than most pale ales, and decent hops too. Worth a go.

That's on tap in the Woodstock in Didsbury if you live over this way.

Had a couple of pints of that the other weekend at the Woodstock.. nice beer. Perfect sunny day fodder  :)

dave

one to keep your eyes open for, especially if you're so ronery.

dave

These were my pick from the rising sun fest this weekend:

this was well brown, very refreshing and lively.

and for a nice stout. check this out. well brown etc.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:04:28 am by dave »

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
From your typing it sounds like you had a good time at the Rising Sun festival  :)

dave

its mor ethe ribucon fnigers impedling the typng.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
My top choice was Last Rites.

But I'm sure Abbeydale Brewery must do something dodgy with all of their beers, because they always give me stonking headaches.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

But I'm sure Abbeydale Brewery must do something dodgy with all of their beers, because they always give me stonking headaches.

It wouldn't have anything to do with being 11% ABV would it  :shrug: (at least in this instance!).

I've had this before, from the Rising Sun too, was shocked at the price when I ordered a pint >£5, it was at that point I clocked the ABV.  More like a pint of wine/port really.  I didn't get much work done that afternoon!

cofe

• forum hero
I liked this one:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
They had this.....

.......on draft in The Sheaf recently. Really nice but also about 10% and dangerous as it didn't taste distinctively strong so was very easy to drink.

:alky:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Andechs make my favourite German trad bottled beers.  I've never seen this in the UK, but there's no reason to think that it's unavailable there.

Had a bottle of this recently, this bottle clearly poured by a buffoon AND served in an inappropriate glass ... tsk.

It was a great beer, but it tasted obviously strong (it's 7%) and I find that a bit off putting on the palate.  I'd probably drink more at some point though  :)

jordysi

• player
probably be shot down in flames for posting here, but here goes nothing.... Aldi are doing a pack of 12 bottles of Marsdens, 3 of each of double drop, single malt, Pedigree and thier pale ale, nice for 13 odd quid..

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
Marsden....what the hell is Marsden apart from a shit bouldering hole near Sunderland  ;)

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
Andechs make my favourite German trad bottled beers.  I've never seen this in the UK, but there's no reason to think that it's unavailable there.

Had a bottle of this recently, this bottle clearly poured by a buffoon AND served in an inappropriate glass ... tsk.

It was a great beer, but it tasted obviously strong (it's 7%) and I find that a bit off putting on the palate.  I'd probably drink more at some point though  :)

You must stop pouring your own beer Houds, get a responsible adult to do it for you.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Don't be facitious, Joe.

As if I'd sully that beer w/ that glass.  I'm sorry Joe, but the council has decreed that you must die for your impertinence ...

*sniff*

Any requests?

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
Don't be facitious, Joe.

As if I'd sully that beer w/ that glass.  I'm sorry Joe, but the council has decreed that you must die for your impertinence ...

*sniff*

Any requests?
Yeah next time you're over bring some and perhaps via Jas or his starfishliness we can arrange a cash for beer exchange.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom

and for a nice stout. check this out. well brown etc.
Hornbeam brewery is just round the corner from my house, I wasn't so keen on that stout when I tried it at the brewery.
I've had a few kegs of the bitter and top hop, both of which are supurb session ales.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

Eugh! Thought this was disgusting. Tasted like vodka and salt. Ended up having a pint of it in Arcadia in Headingley and after a couple more beers I was barred! It seems that when being irritable with paying customers who have behaved very reasonably the landlady does not appreciate being told to "chill out"  :shrug:

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
This is the business for hot summer supping

All of the Neumarkter range is organic.  I can't really choose between this and Augustiner.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Eugh! Thought this was disgusting. Tasted like vodka and salt. Ended up having a pint of it in Arcadia in Headingley and after a couple more beers I was barred! It seems that when being irritable with paying customers who have behaved very reasonably the landlady does not appreciate being told to "chill out"  :shrug:

:-\

psychomansam

• forum hero

I had a bottle fo this last night, - don't be put off by the word "lager", its actually supoib! bada bing.

These guys do some awesome stouts, which the dev cat can provide you with from their fecking dangerous beer menu...

...and the gordons scotch ale from the same place is scientifically proven to be the best possible way to spend ALL your money

:pissed:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Just been up to greenfield brewery near wimberry this afternoon and got a pin (1/2 ferkin,35 pints) of Dobcross bitter, just on my 3rd pint now, very tasty and good session beer
http://www.greenfieldrealale.co.uk/listofbrews.html

clm

• forum hero
My demi was very pleasant :beer2:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Not a beer and doesn't really do the scene justice, but, home sweet home:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Not a beer and doesn't really do the scene justice, but, home sweet home:

Nice shot their Fiend  :thumbsup:

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
First foray into the world of Keeping it Real!

Not sure if anyone has had any of the Brew Dog beers? Some may not like their marketing hype, but the beers are pretty different!

Right now, they have a discount on their new Zeitgeist Black Lager: http://www.zeitgeistbeer.com/ if you type SHEEP into the promo code you get a whopping 70% off! Just ordered 32 bottles and I'll let you know how they taste once they arrive! :thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal