UKBouldering.com

A plea! (Read 3705 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
A plea!
January 24, 2014, 09:40:11 pm
Where do I start.....

Ok, so I was supposed to be Leeds bound this weekend, staying with friends and getting out bouldering on Sunday and Monday (weather permitting of course). Unfortunately said friends can no longer accommodate me due to unforeseen circumstances. So I am all prepared for a weekend away climbing but now have no where to go!

Ultimately, I just need to be out of Cumbria so I am not massively bothered about where I go. Peak, North East, Yorkshire, North Wales, any where really. The main issue being accommodation. I have no budget for swanky hotels nor shitty B&B's, as I was initially staying with friends the cost would probably have been a few pints in the local and I would have cooked one evening.

So I'm basically asking if A. Anyone has any decent tips as to where will be dry or mainly dry and B. Would anyone be prepared to put up a UKB brother for a night or two in exchange for food and/or booze?

I'm aware this plea doesn't quite carry the same appeal as when Ondra was looking for some where to bed down, but having Mike Tyson stay would be a fairly amusing tale to tell people and thankfully I am not like my name sake i.e. I don't take pleasure from biting ears and indulging in surprise sex, either as singular activities or simultaneously.

I have Thermarest and sleeping bag so even a floor will do. I've got Cumbrian cabin fever and need to escape for a while, so any helpers would be hugely appreciated. I'm sure a few of the UKB regulars could vouch for me if needed.

Yours, hopefully,

Iron Mike  :boxing:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1 Re: A plea!
January 24, 2014, 09:48:57 pm
I don't take pleasure from ..... indulging in surprise sex

Hang on a minute, I remember a life changing post of yours that involved hav.....

No I'll not go there, sorry.

If I had space or time you'd be welcome mate but I'll be doing tax returns all weekend and mostly swearing.

Hope you get sorted.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#2 Re: A plea!
January 24, 2014, 09:55:37 pm
Hahaha!

That incident involved sex obviously, the surprise came 9 months later though!

Sound like a thrilling weekend in store for you, I hope it passes relativity pain free.

Cheers for good vibes  :thumbsup:

andy popp

• forum hero
#3 Re: A plea!
January 24, 2014, 11:03:20 pm
Wish I could help Mike. Wrong weekend.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: A plea!
January 24, 2014, 11:38:05 pm
Hi mike - sorry can't help. Cliff will be best bet tomorrow - windy but bits will dry or be dry.

nik at work

• forum hero
#5 Re: A plea!
January 25, 2014, 08:01:51 am
You'd be very welcome here but given that I'm on the Isle of Man travel probably blows your budget...

...also  it's raining, there's not that much bouldering (plenty of trad though), I'm daddy daycare with the kids all weekend and I'm working Monday.

Sorry I can't be more help, I know how cabin fever can get...

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#6 Re: A plea!
January 25, 2014, 09:43:11 am
Thanks anyway gents. My weekend continues to unravel anyway as I got a call last night asking me to work Monday. Ho hum, cabin fever will have to be handled for now and a day trip somewhere tomorrow will have to do.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#7 Re: A plea!
January 25, 2014, 01:36:13 pm
I was going to offer you accommodation at chez Richie Crouch and his good birds. He owes me a few nights of hosting from the eggy road days. Shame really as you could have eaten like a king and touched him wherever you would have liked. Prison rules init.  :weakbench: :lets_do_it_wild: :icon_welcome: :boxing:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#8 Re: A plea!
January 25, 2014, 01:42:04 pm
My pad is probably a bit of a travel for you  and given forecast the only chance you have of bearing down is either the local wall or my beast maker

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal