UKBouldering.com

Where to live in the Sheffield area?! (Read 2470 times)

cha1n

• forum hero
Where to live in the Sheffield area?!
December 26, 2013, 06:09:22 pm
I have 3-4 months of a Euro trip left and when I return I've decided to settle in Sheffield (for a while at least) whilst I complete the last year of my degree.

Not being local to the area (Bristol born and bred), I was hoping that some of the Sheffield locals could give some advice about where to look for places to rent/buy. My girlfriend and I would be first time buyers so wouldn't have tonnes of money for buying somewhere.

Reasonable distance from the best wall (which one is the best for bouldering and training?), good public transport links, close to a set of decent primary schools (my gf is a primary school teacher) and I think it goes without saying, somewhere with good access to outdoor bouldering. I'll add more requirement as I think of them but really appreciate any advice.

Boredboy

• menacing presence
#1 Re: Where to live in the Sheffield area?!
December 26, 2013, 06:51:30 pm
For buying more cheaply: Meersbrook / Heeley / Chesterfield road area / some areas of Abbey Dale road / Nether Edge / Hillsborough.

For renting: The above plus: Eccleshall road / Banner Cross, Crookes, Broomhill

Nowhere East of the Foundry.

Simon W

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Where to live in the Sheffield area?!
December 26, 2013, 09:29:33 pm
Pretty much as Boredboy has said.  Just bought in Woodseats for the first time myself, walking distance for the works (best bouldering/training wall IMO), easy access to the peak, good primary schools.  Can rent a 3 bedroom terrace round here for 5-600 and buy one for £120000ish.

cha1n

• forum hero
#3 Re: Where to live in the Sheffield area?!
December 26, 2013, 09:56:17 pm
Thanks guys, I'll check up on those areas. £120K sounds like a right bargain compared to Bristol but the rent sounds high in comparison...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal