UKBouldering.com

Podsacs becomes UKB sponsor and our Winter Sale 30% Off (Read 15487 times)

dave

OK my mat arrived today, and like Dolly's the foam is in the wrong way round. Not a big problem to rectify, except that being stored folded backwards seems to have left the thicker foam at the fold line stretched wafer thin, leaving a really thin line down the middle of the mat which feels like it hardly got any padding, in stark contrast to my 2 yr old pod in the car boot which feels fine in comparison.

webbo

• forum hero
If I was suspicious like and had been posting on the Godskins thread. I might speculate that they've got 30% off cos they've got a load of pads that the Saturday lad shoved the foam in the wrong way round. :spank:

tomtom

• forum hero

OK my mat arrived today, and like Dolly's the foam is in the wrong way round. Not a big problem to rectify, except that being stored folded backwards seems to have left the thicker foam at the fold line stretched wafer thin, leaving a really thin line down the middle of the mat which feels like it hardly got any padding, in stark contrast to my 2 yr old pod in the car boot which feels fine in comparison.

Leave both bits of foam outside the outer for a few days and it will expand (hopefully) back to its former state...

dave

Aye Im gonna leave it flat to see if it springs back. Probably depends on just how long its been stored the wrong way round.

Nails

• addict
Hi Dave, this is the first I've heard of this. It certainly sounds like you are correct about the foam being the wrong way round. I will check all the stock we have. We didn't pack these ourselves but received them pre-filled from the previous owners. My apologies for any inconvenience. We do operate a 28 day returns policy so if you feel that the mat is not up to scratch you always have this option as long as it's unused and has original packaging.

dave

Nice one, I'll give it a couple of days and see how it looks. I would expect the thick foam to spring back, be interesting to see if it leaves a permanent fold in the hard layer.

Dolly

• forum hero
So what do I do then ?
Im easily confused with technical stuff like a mat (and I may have been on the santa juice)
Do I leave it for a bit then swap the layers round ?

dave

I took mine back today as being folded the wrong way (and presumably stored that way in a warehouse for a while) left the foam with a distinct weak soft line along the fold, even after being left unfolded in my kitchen for a week. Hopefully the replacement when it comes will be all gravy.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
I got one of the smaller ones on the one-day deal over xmas, and happily the foam was correctly inserted.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
So just to clarify, I should be aiming to land on the outside of the pad so the inside goes face down? In which case, the foam on mine is also the wrong way round...?

dave

Yeah inside face down, you land on the side with the shoulder straps on, which should be the hard layer of foam, with the softer thicker layer underneath.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
I'll be swapping the foam round tonight then.. Cheers Dave! (and Slackers on Twitter...)

Nails

• addict
Hi Dave,

I've got the Pad you returned in front of me now. I can see the issue you are talking about with the crease. I suspect this would disappear with a bit of use, though obviously we have no problem with you returning it. I've done as much checking as possible of what's gone out. It seems like just a handful that have the foam packed the wrong way round. I'm going over to the warehouse now to see if I can get a replacement. We haven't got much stock left so if there's not a good one I'll sort a refund.

My apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks for your feedback and patience. I'll send something out as recompense for your trouble.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Hi Dave,

I've got the Pad you returned in front of me now. I can see the issue you are talking about with the crease. I suspect this would disappear with a bit of use, though obviously we have no problem with you returning it. I've done as much checking as possible of what's gone out. It seems like just a handful that have the foam packed the wrong way round. I'm going over to the warehouse now to see if I can get a replacement. We haven't got much stock left so if there's not a good one I'll sort a refund.

My apologies for the inconvenience. Thanks for your feedback and patience. I'll send something out as recompense for your trouble.

Does that mean there is a nearly new one going super cheap ?  ;)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Having had Dave's spare 'damaged goods' in the past I'd definitely take it. Proper yorkshireman.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Wow, I seem to be in a small minority of Peple Who have Managed To Wear A 1990s Podsac Out. Retired my 35-literish something-or-other climbing sac about five years ago after all the PU waterproofing layer had flaked off the interior. Sewing, straps etc. were all still fine though.

Bought a Granite 16 rock climbing sac for multipitch in Ailefroide last summer and was pleased with it. Orange too.

Nails

• addict
Hi again Dave,

we only have a very small number of the Super Crashpads left. I've just checked them and the remaining have been packed incorrectly. I'll set up a refund and send you out a Podsacs Big Dipper Bouldering Chalk Bucket for the inconvenience.

The Super Crashpads have been taken off sale until we get new stock as I'm not happy to send stuff out in less than A1 condition. I think that once repacked the correct way round the pads will straighten out through a bit of use, though naturally our 28 day returns policy still stands.

Thanks again for your feedback.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Has someone there got a big bootprint on their arse right now? :)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Any chance I could buy one of the 'faulty' ones at a knockdown bargain price and repack it myself?

webbo

• forum hero
Mine was packed the wrong way round. However having swopped it round as directed but before the crease disappeared my daughters dogs decided to sleep on it. So as my my chance of a refund now seemed unlikely I took of the plastic wrapping off the foam and used it.
It now seems ok.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
I suspect it wasn't use that sorted out the foam, rather the scientifically most likely explanation (trust me, I'm a Doctor) is that you have a magic dog.  You could hire it out to Pod to rectify the rest of their stock... who knows what the limits of its talents are?  Welding is now obsolete: behold the magic dog!

dave

On the one I had it wasn't so much the crease that was the issue - after being left flat indoors over the xmas week the soft layer of foam had puffed back up to normal thickness, and the top layer would probably get beat into shape once it gets used a bit.

The problem was more the distinct soft feeling stripe along where the fold was, like being backfolded with the soft foam in tension had weakened the foam a bit some how. I dare say I am being picky, but I've got an old mat of the same model to compare to, one thats stored folded up damp in the car boot 24hrs a day for the last 2 years and that doesn't have a weak patch.

I reckon sell the wack ones to johnny brown, I bet he'll leave it at home in favour of camera gear anyway.

tomtom

• forum hero
Mines not perfect - same crease issue as Dave - but am happy to live with it - I bought it as a 'its cheap I'll need a new mat in a years time so why not now' type thing..

Webbo - how much for the rental of your magic dog? (does it also heal gammy metatarsals?)

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Webbo - how much for the rental of your magic dog? (does it also heal gammy metatarsals?)

Only one way to accurately ascertain the limits of magic dog's powers.  We will take you back to Brass Monkey, injure your other foot, and blindfold you whilst magic dog and a non-magic dog (or "dog" as the scientific jargon would have it) treat a foot each.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
this dog sounds like some sort of higher power

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal