UKBouldering.com

whining about the DFB poll (Read 16856 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
whining about the DFB poll
December 13, 2013, 04:26:57 pm
There was a poll and then decision to remove the DFB threads ... nothing more than that. And if anyone wants to run that poll again, they are welcome.

Were the results of the poll and the decision in any way related?

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php?topic=16005.0

Running it again is probably unnecessary.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 13, 2013, 05:46:05 pm
Quote from: habrich link=topic=23361.msg429371#msg429371
start another thread if you want to dredge the topic up again, rather than clutter this one.
there's no real point is there.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:55:30 pm by habrich, Reason: correcting quotes »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 13, 2013, 06:26:28 pm
Best thread split ever.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 13, 2013, 06:55:51 pm
Confused the hell out of me.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 13, 2013, 11:43:52 pm
You might be confused GCW but can you please stop trying to sell your Jim Davidson dvds on this thread.

I don't think it's the correct part of the forum and anyway, your type isn't welcome round here.

tomtom

• forum hero
#5 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 13, 2013, 11:56:46 pm
Can I have your Jim Davisonionsmithsoniandavidsonnimnnimnanunanu DVD's please GCW?

Theres an empty space next to my Jeremy Clarkcuntson books on the shelf that needs to be stinkwiped.

Its been a while since I went out and got bladdered (I prefer Magotted as my austtrallian colleagues refer) but seeing as I've just rollered in from my works Xmas do, I thought it was time for a friday night rant in a Underground styleeeee innit.

Kebabs. WHAT THE FUCK has happened. Its been at last 5 years since I last had one, but Donners seem to have bust the razer inflated price increase and seem the same..but a Chicken Kebab was an assss busting £5 fuckerooneys. This is Hull. Why? AND - it came with the Chilli sherzizzle in a separate pot - and the salad out of the keeeeeebab. WHAT like the FucK eh? Man, last time I had a kebab it was a tailor made suit of spicy meatyness with Jalapeno (why do we say Halapeno?)'s on top. Not here. Man. Its enough to make me rant about razors.

Right. Tme to fall asleep on te sofa and wake up in a pile of vomit.

Nos Da.

Dolly

• forum hero
#6 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 14, 2013, 12:09:17 am
and you can speak Welsh

underground

• forum hero
#7 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 14, 2013, 03:28:52 am
Fucking hell tomtom, as if I talk like that! Last time I had a doner was last xmas, and being the good ex-90's party lover I was, we went to the legendary Murdoc's on Devonshire Street, yard. My yard being Sheffield.
RUBBISH. Murdoc obviously sold out, so not only was the 'bab being cooked out the back, but it was slices off the elephant's leg. Old Murdoc's were proper slices of lamb all piled onto the skewer, so you got nice crispy bits and lovely lumps of meat in there. Naturally I ended up in a massive slanging match with the new proprietor, telling him he wasn't Murdoc and I wasn't eating his shitty kebabs. I did though, by sharing the one my non-local work colleague bought, but I was pleased to have my last word against the non-Murdoc charlatan.......

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#8 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 14, 2013, 08:35:11 am
The only Jim Davidson DVDs I have left are the complete Big Break collection. And you're not having them as I base my work clothes on John Virgo.

tomtom

• forum hero
#9 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 14, 2013, 09:58:41 am
I'm alive! thank god my bathroom is configured so I can shit and vomit at the same time...

My fingers smell of fags and kebab :)

andy popp

• forum hero
#10 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 14, 2013, 10:24:06 am
I'm alive! thank god my bathroom is configured so I can shit and vomit at the same time...

Result!

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#11 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 14, 2013, 11:55:43 am

nothing beats the "What the fuck did I get up to last night?" feeling you get when you sniff your fingers in a hungover daze....  :alky:

rich d

• forum hero
#12 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 14, 2013, 12:30:31 pm

nothing beats the "What the fuck did I get up to last night?" feeling you get when you sniff your fingers in a hungover daze....  :alky:
mmmmmm crab paste

underground

• forum hero
#13 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 14, 2013, 02:28:58 pm
Christ my ear is bruised

SA Chris

• forum hero
#14 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 14, 2013, 06:53:41 pm
Like I said no real point. And cheers for the whining comment, all I was doing was point out the poll and the decision were polar opposites.

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
#15 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 09:25:44 am
Like I said no real point. And cheers for the whining comment, all I was doing was point out the poll and the decision were polar opposites.
Well, we disagree Chris. And this has already been discussed to death. But happy to change the word "whining" if you would like to suggest an alternative.

Not all of us. He has a point. You made a decision to remove DFBWCC, in spite of the poll. Ergo its slightly disingenuous, to imply in threads that you removed it as a result of the poll.
Its a great way of belittling Chris's point and setting the tone for the thread, by naming the thread 'whining' - respect.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#16 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 09:33:41 am
Thanks Snoops, at least a few people get it.

Can this thread be locked and logpiled now? As he says, I didn't ask for it to be split, I said there was no point in a seperate thread, and it was childish putting "whining" in the title. 

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#17 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 11:02:01 am
Uh HUH.

Well as much as you like to dish out comments about "whining" and "crying" yourself, and should be able to take this one in return.....you are of course about the DFB poll / opposite decision, and your original comment was spot on.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#18 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 11:10:39 am

SA Chris

• forum hero
#19 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 11:36:45 am
Well as much as you like to dish out comments about "whining" and "crying" yourself, and should be able to take this one in return.....you are of course about the DFB poll / opposite decision, and your original comment was spot on.

So you agree with me, but still think I was whining. Make up your mind.

As I said, can a sensible moderator please lock and log this thread, no good is going to come of it.

petejh

• forum hero
#20 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 06:00:23 pm
You made a decision to remove DFBWCC, in spite of the poll.
Once again, that is not how we see it. We held a poll, discussed the results within the moderator board, concluded from the results that we had a mandate to remove the DFB threads and acted on that.

The poll asked whether people would be upset by the DFB threads disappearing. Less than half (about 40%) said they would be. Since then the traffic on the forum is roughly unchanged and most of the same people are still posting regularly. To me, that seems like supportive evidence that our interpretation was correct.

Woah there...

That your interpretation about what was correct?

If it was your interpretation that you could 'get away with ditching the DFB thread without losing many/any posters', then yes that was a correct interpretation but a dubious justification for censoring this forum - why don't you also dump a bunch of other threads you don't care for if your claimed justification is that ditching them won't lose you significant numbers of posters?

While 'we won't lose lots of posters' was a correct interpretation, I personally think it was a cowardly decision; purely becasue I disagree with censoring most stuff that isn't illegal (and much that is). You could have renamed it, let it be and accepted some criticism -  that would have been my call.

The real justification for you ditching DFB had a lot to do with you either being convinced by, or already agreeing with, the people who think men posting pictures of 'dead fit birds' is 'a bad thing'.

galpinos

• forum hero
#21 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 06:02:10 pm
As I said, can a sensible moderator please lock and log this thread, no good is going to come of it.
What are you trying to imply there, Chris?

I would say he's implying that he's annoyed that this was split out of the thread unnecessarily with the nice addition of a provocative title. You should have let it lie imho.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#22 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 06:28:02 pm
Well, we disagree Chris. And this has already been discussed to death. But happy to change the word "whining" if you would like to suggest an alternative.

Habrich, you're knowingly being inflammatory and childish here and I'm strongly of the opinion that your post about a 'mandate' to delete DFB reads like something shat out of New Labour's arse.

Honestly, I thought DFB should stay, but even if it was decided it should go, I wouldn't have a huge problem. However, the way it was done was reprehensible.

And as for the toe-curling claim that your continued website traffic justifies your actions, perhaps you should just keep those thoughts to yourself. Your only real competition is UKC. Managing to still be better than them doesn't set the bar nearly high enough! You need to do better - and I should stress that in general you, and the other admins, do. But this was all one monumental clusterfuck of an aberration.

You're not going to apologise, and we're powerless to do anything, so let's just move on.

tomtom

• forum hero
#23 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 06:35:23 pm
Amen.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#24 Re: whining about the DFB poll
December 16, 2013, 07:50:27 pm
Surely time to lock and log, T?

There is nothing new to say on the subject and which ever way you set down on the subject; you would not win.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal