UKBouldering.com

Moon fingerboard training advice (Read 1955 times)

roddersm

• stalker
Moon fingerboard training advice
December 13, 2013, 03:24:06 pm
Sorry if this has been done already - I've seen a few related threads but not specific to the moon fingerboard so...

Has anyone got any good training regimes, or tips for progression/overload for a moon fingerboard?

My sessions tend to resemble loosely a watered down version of the Rich Simpson sample on the moon site (not quite as strong as he was!).

Generally after warming up I do a serious of two handed 8-sec hangs  open handed - progressively adding additional weight up to about 40lbs - about 6-8 reps.

This is followed by 2-4 sets middle 2 hangs and 2-4 first joint hangs on crimps (unweighted - +10lbs).

Finally a couple of sets of weighted pulls ups or assisted one armers on a bar or slopers.

Hangs always around 8 sec and sessions usually around 45mins as power tends to drop of around this time and I get concerned about tweaking a tendon.

Therefore my questions would be what would be the best way to progress/vary the sessions - increase hang/contact time beyond 8-secs or focus on additional body weight?

Reduce or remove weight altogether and focus on assisted one arm hangs instead?  How important is the rest between sets - is maximal rest better or timed rest periods?

How best to vary the sessions for routes - bouldering? The moon site is not clear what the sample session is aimed at specifically.

Galina Parfenov has quite a different program to Simpsons sample - how do people think they compare? - i.e. hers contains a lot of frenchies - weighted pull ups.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
  • sometimes you see things & curse, damnit no gun
#1 Re: Moon fingerboard training advice
December 14, 2013, 09:26:36 pm
 :rtfm:there's a lot if guys on here do hang board training on here and they will be along to give you training video links and advice. My little tuppence is to download the beastmaker app and work the variety on there. 

roddersm

• stalker
#2 Re: Moon fingerboard training advice
December 16, 2013, 11:36:46 am
Thanks will check that out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal