UKBouldering.com

Lightworks video editing (Read 1837 times)

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
Lightworks video editing
December 04, 2013, 12:52:09 pm
I've been getting frustrated with Premiere Pro recently so decided to sack off the CS6 upgrade and have started using Lightworks, just to see what it's like.

I must say I'm really impressed.
Once you get past the basic functions of how to use files and edit timelines, it's really straightforward.

I know it won't have all the functions of PP but for putting together clips, adding music, titles, and exporting to a good quality file - all the things you need for climbing vids it's awesome. And the Pro version is only £40 a year, or just under 11p a day...

Does anyone else use this? Any rendering /codec tips?
Cheers

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: Lightworks video editing
December 04, 2013, 04:46:24 pm
search is your friend.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#2 Re: Lightworks video editing
December 05, 2013, 09:30:35 am
Thanks Paul  :2thumbsup: I realise that, however the last post on those threads is over a year ago and I believe the software has developed since then quite a bit, I'm just quite enthused by it, and wondered what other peoples opinions of it were.  :)

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#3 Re: Lightworks video editing
December 05, 2013, 10:04:40 am
Maybe the mods could merge the two?

I recently used it to make a slidshow/video thingmy.  I found the learnign curve quite steep, but once I got the hang of it it's quite good.

Exporting was a struggle and I still haven't mastered getting the right compression for vimeo. If you have 5 minutes to spare to watch a fairly low quality video - check it out:

I like the slow zooms and easy control of opacity and timing etc. 

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#4 Re: Lightworks video editing
December 05, 2013, 12:36:17 pm

I like the slow zooms and easy control of opacity and timing etc.
Good edit!  :clap2: That's some exposure!! looks like you had a good trip.

Yep, I especially like the key frame control for opacity, the drag and drop is much more intuitive than PP - although the timeline unjoin/join can be difficult to get used to...
I'm still figuring out the right export parameters, messing round with different import settings too I think will make a difference. The Best quality export comes out around 4Gb/min though :o  I tend to use .264 with PP but this codec only comes with the paid license as it costs apparently...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal