UKBouldering.com

The famous cwp diet (Read 17049 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#25 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 01, 2013, 08:24:14 pm
Respect to anyone working offshore and training and losing weight. Most people can't resist the unlimited food laid out before them three times a day and get fat and sit about watching pron

And thanks for posting that pic shark, I'm so uncool I had no idea what a cwp diet was.

saltbeef

• forum hero
#26 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 01, 2013, 08:31:44 pm
What makes you think that he's only been dieting and not training?

He was talking at raven tor a few weeks ago about the amount of training he does offshore. Loads of running,  insane amounts of core stuff and an equally insane amount of fingerboarding. Proper beasting himself. Definitely a hell ofa lot of work and dedication gone into it by the sound of it!

what is happening?! you were at the tor?!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#27 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 01, 2013, 11:56:14 pm
CWP has posted how he got in shape:

https://www.facebook.com/climbingwebbparsons/posts/670393263005911

Sorry non FB users

chris j

• forum abuser
#28 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 06:01:11 am
CWP has posted how he got in shape:

https://www.facebook.com/climbingwebbparsons/posts/670393263005911

Sorry non FB users

Beast! As Chris said, fitting that in while doing shifts offshore is hugely impressive. It's about as much as I can get myself to do to stay out of the cakes and go for a jog a few times a week...

a dense loner

• forum hero
#29 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 08:57:07 am
Which bit of my post did people not read? He didn't do anything offshore. It's not impressive staying off the cakes and the nice food every meal when he's in Trinidad and none of these are available to you

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#30 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 09:09:20 am
on his second trip I had to work in full breathing apparatus in ridiculous heat for the entire time while he continued training

How did you allow this to happen? Delegation is key.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#31 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 09:13:30 am
Which bit of my post did people not read? He didn't do anything offshore.

Chris has been offshore twice

chris j

• forum abuser
#32 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 09:45:18 am
It's not impressive staying off the cakes and the nice food every meal when he's in Trinidad and none of these are available to you

Well, obviously if you'd mentioned that before I'd be less impressed... Though fitting that amount of volume in still puts me massively to shame. Does he manage to fit a fingerboard in his baggage or make do with whatever's out on the rig (stairs, door sills...)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#33 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 09:48:34 am
Which bit of my post did people not read?

Sorry, I misread your post. Easy to do when you say you actually did some work. I assumed it was a typo.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#34 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 09:58:37 am

Well, obviously if you'd mentioned that before I'd be less impressed... Though fitting that amount of volume in still puts me massively to shame. Does he manage to fit a fingerboard in his baggage or make do with whatever's out on the rig (stairs, door sills...)

They weren't staying on a rig they were in a 5* luxury plantation house, fully equipped with air con, servants, mini bar, trouser press, 45 degree board and gold bidet.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#35 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 10:18:57 am
Some random, useless and unrequested thoughts about dieting, etc.
Let's not forget that CWP had already climbed a few 8c's and numerous 8b+, so he was already quite good even with a few pounds on. 
He got ripped by healthy eating and hard training: it's probably these two factors that enabled him to crush, more than the little weight he could have lost, in my opinion.
Plus, being ripped as a consequence of training (and not just from under-eating - if this verb exists), gives a very high self confidence and this helps in climbing hard.
It's important to distinguish whether the aim is to be ripped and the consequence is climbing hard, or the aim is climbing hard and the consequence is being ripped. I tend to think that in CWP's case it's the latter.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#36 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 10:22:27 am
So "famous" no one knew what the thread was about until they read it.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#37 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 08:34:52 pm

They weren't staying on a rig they were in a 5* luxury plantation house, fully equipped with air con, servants, mini bar, trouser press, 45 degree board and gold bidet.

Better than a Gold board and a 45 degree bidet...

a dense loner

• forum hero
#38 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 10:47:08 pm
Shark why did you post my replies as if I'd contradicted myself? I quite obviously said he'd been offshore twice then in a separate statement said he didn't do any work offshore. One doesn't contradict the other. Last week I went to burbage, it doesn't necessarily mean I climbed at burbage
Different jobs jasper  ;)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#39 Re: The famous cwp diet
December 02, 2013, 10:55:35 pm

that when they stayed at the gate house in front of Ioan Doyle's holiday home on the moon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal