the shizzle > food & drink

Bread of Heaven

(1/7) > >>

tomtom:
Theres probably a route called this - but thats not what this thread is about (yet - knowing UKB... ;) )

Its about the most middle aged kind of thread I think I could come up with but here goes... (breathes deeply..)

We've just acquired a multi fandangled breadmaker - and I'm going to give it a shot in the next couple of days. So I wondered if anyone had any favourites/recommendations/things I should try?

I quite like heavy bread (it makes Rye bread apparently..) and I'm not really into fruity/seedy things (though could be persuaded). Non hallucinogenic recipes only please... ;)

Right, I'm off to ready my guardian then darn some socks.

Fultonius:
I love sourdough, but it's a pain to keep the starter going. I've not even tried!

I did make a sourdough(ish) loaf from a bag of pre-mixed Sheepherder Bread that I picked up in Bishop. Reet tasty it was. I'm only 30...

rich d:
Get Richard Bertinet's book Dough, then throw the bread maker in the bin

rich d:
These were all done using the bertinet book recipes, sorry for the twitter links

pic.twitter.com/8X5EPXvaU7 walnut rye bread

pic.twitter.com/8X5EPXvaU7  cider rye bread

pic.twitter.com/3ClUqDeBLY bacon and red onion rye bread

andy popp:

--- Quote from: rich d on November 19, 2013, 08:39:43 pm ---Get Richard Bertinet's book Dough, then throw the bread maker in the bin

--- End quote ---

This really.  The pleasure of bread making is as much in the doing as the eating. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version