UKBouldering.com

3D Sphere - The BEST shit you have ever seen (not literal) (Read 4158 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
this is one for computer geeks... so apologies in advance if you don't find this shizzle cool!  Most of you have probably seen looking glass, the new Sun Microsystems development, which is uber cool, but it is beta and you need redhat/suse to get it running... Also, you have probably seen Longhorn with its funky new DWM feature... also mac's preview of tiger, with dashboard etc...

well, check this;

http://www.hamar.sk/sphere/

get it downloaded and installed.  You will need .NET framework, and make sure you have the latest directX and graphics drivers.  This will blow your mind when you get used to using it.  It's amazing.  REALLY AMAZING!  and if you want to see this in action go to the website and follow the link to videos and screenshots.  

enjoy!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I was looking at this t'other day - looks good but then I read a load of negative reviews on Slashdot.

Does it actually help your productivity, or is it just a gimic?

Do you know if it's easy to install/have a play/uninstall without trashing windows? I might try it at work but not sure if that's a great idea...

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
I don't think it does much to your system... in terms of installed/uninstalling.  It's not a gimic in my opinion, it is going to take productivity to another level.  This is the beginning of the revolution I reckon.  Everytime I leave the sphere, back into 2D XP i get frustrated!

dave

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "unclesomebody"
Everytime I leave the sphere, back into 2D XP i get frustrated!

So you can run both Sphere and normal XP on the same pc?

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
yeah, it's only runs on top of XP, you can click in and out whenever you want.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "dave"

Geek is chic bro:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Hmmm - might try again on a fast pc - it runs comme un chien on my work pc and is unusable. Looks like it could be cool though.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
make sure you have the latest drivers... mine was running very slowly until I got the newest NVIDIA drivers and now it is FAST!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
No chance on my work box - it's got a shitey graphics card, but one of my home boxes has got a Radeon 9800 pro so should piss it.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Just installed at home....I think this sort of thing has got a lot of potential but it didn't quite grab me, not intuitive enough and I don't think it would make using the computer any easier, despite being pretty cool.

Anyone remember the interface Tom Cruise uses in Minority Report? The one where he's using his hands on "screens" projected into space?

Sony are saying that they may bring out something similar for the PS3.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal