UKBouldering.com

Lancashire one handed venues? (Read 1449 times)

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
Lancashire one handed venues?
July 06, 2010, 10:36:39 am
Having sliced my hand open last night I'm left with 9 stitches and only my right hand until it heals. Anyone got any suggestions for some good places to climb one-handed in the Lancs/Yorks region?
I was thinking Brownstones Nexus wall would be good, juggy and steep.
I want to keep some sort of climbing movement going...

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Lancashire one handed venues?
July 06, 2010, 11:40:12 am
Firstly, consider yourself lucky- the number of hands I've rummaged around in fixing various cut structures ain't funny.  Never separate frozen burgers with a sharp knife!

My advice is probably what you know in your heart of hearts, but you can chose to avoid reading it if you like:

NSFW  :
I would think very carefull about using this hand for anything climbing related until it's healed properly.  And by properly I don't mean when the stitches come out in 10 days, I mean a bit after that.
What you don't want to do is either open it up or get any infection into it.  Anything like that will slow its recovery.  I think short term pain (ie boredom) will result unltimately in long term gain.

If I were you I'd get on with CV/ yoga/ core work etc and not bother with one handed daftness.

You can get butcher's type gloves you know, may be worth it for a clumsy wood carver.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#2 Re: Lancashire one handed venues?
July 06, 2010, 12:23:12 pm
sage advice, and true I fear  :'(
 running/swimming/cycling are all out of the question due to too much repetitive movement so guess it will need to be core work. It's pretty deep but I'm hoping for a 3 or 4 week turnaround. We'll see.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal