UKBouldering.com

New climbing films on SteepEdge (Read 3593 times)

cofe

• forum hero
New climbing films on SteepEdge
October 16, 2013, 08:11:30 pm
We've added a bunch of new climbing films to SteepEdge in the last week or two. Here's a few:

Dave Graham's first Island film. Cool, raw footage, documentary style climbing. Hard climbing. A nice chance from some overproduced stuff.

West coast bouldering, stateside. Some very cool looking stuff.

The story of the first ascent of Supercrack in the Utah desert.

Kirkpatrick's live show.

More new releases here.

And remember to use UKB discount code: UKB2013

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: New climbing films on SteepEdge
October 17, 2013, 12:38:41 pm
Bloody fcking advertisers. This is the first time EVER I've bought something solely cos I've seen it advertised. Okay so I'd wanted it anyway (Island One) and I'm happy to support Steepedge, but still.....  >:(:) :-*

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: New climbing films on SteepEdge
October 17, 2013, 01:08:41 pm
ADVERTISING - it works, bitches.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#3 Re: New climbing films on SteepEdge
October 17, 2013, 01:29:38 pm
tell me about it fiend I had not planned on buying a climbing film but now have one to watch tonight
 :popcorn:

cofe

• forum hero
#4 Re: New climbing films on SteepEdge
November 19, 2013, 09:22:02 am
Yet more new films on SteepEdge:

Distilled. Paul Diffley's film is essentially a biopic of Andy Cave framed around Scottish winter climbing. I was fortunate enough to see the premiere at Kendal on Friday night and it's amazing. Makes me want to go winter climbing, though I'm sure I'll snap out of that...

Assault on El Capitan. Film about the second ascent of Wings of Steel which is (apparently) the 'most controversial climb in Yosemite history'. Features Ammon McNeely, which is this guy ...

... in case you were wondering...

More new films here.

We're also giving away a Rab Jacket to one lucky new customer or newsletter signer upper from Nov/Dec.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#5 Re: New climbing films on SteepEdge
November 19, 2013, 09:51:34 am

Assault on El Capitan. Film about the second ascent of Wings of Steel which is (apparently) the 'most controversial climb in Yosemite history'. Features Ammon McNeely, which is this guy ...

Trailer....

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#6 Re: New climbing films on SteepEdge
November 19, 2013, 05:11:49 pm

The story of the first ascent of Supercrack in the Utah desert.

And remember to use UKB discount code: UKB2013

Nice vid showing the history behind a classic line at a classic area in the states.  Met and worked with Chris Alstrin (videographer and director), and he's the same guy who did the "Making of Tommy" video, amongst others.  Great guy.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#7 Re: New climbing films on SteepEdge
November 19, 2013, 05:40:26 pm
Yet more new films on SteepEdge:
Distilled. Paul Diffley's film is essentially a biopic of Andy Cave framed around Scottish winter climbing. I was fortunate enough to see the premiere at Kendal on Friday night and it's amazing. Makes me want to go winter climbing, though I'm sure I'll snap out of that...

Saw this at the Ysemite facefilt, but we were around 5 minutes late and missed the start. Spent the entire film trying to work out what the hell the premise was. Anyway, it's...kinda weird. There's some strange characters in the big wall scene and the film makers do seem to have captured the tensions and friction between "locals" and "outsiders" - all in, worth a watch if you're interested in aid climbing and Yosemite.

cofe

• forum hero
#8 Re: New climbing films on SteepEdge
November 19, 2013, 07:54:02 pm
Chris Alstrin shot a bunch of the Wide Boyz film too.

Here's another which might interest the Peakies:

Dave MacLeod and Alan Cassidy making the unique first ascent down in Peak Cavern, Castleton. It was originally on BBC Scotland, and we've just stuck it on the site today. They also get busy down in Jingling Pot in Yorkshire, but that looks a bit more fruity.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal