UKBouldering.com

October Bouldering - where to go? (Read 1949 times)

AdamD

• player
October Bouldering - where to go?
October 12, 2013, 09:47:22 pm
I've got half term coming up (Joys of teaching)  and I plan to get away for a few days, hopefully on a bouldering holiday. Can anyone recommend a place to go for 4-5days, with bouldering from font 7a-8a for under £300!?

I've never bouldered abroad so I'm pretty clueless!

Any info is appreciated!  ;D

205Chris

• forum hero
#1 Re: October Bouldering - where to go?
October 12, 2013, 09:50:39 pm
If you can find a few friends to share petrol / ferry money you should be able to do Font on that budget.

masonwoods101

• forum abuser
#2 Re: October Bouldering - where to go?
October 12, 2013, 10:04:23 pm
Is font weather good this time of year?

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#3 Re: October Bouldering - where to go?
October 12, 2013, 10:35:04 pm
I always regret going to font at October half term as it's always been too warm for my liking. That said, I'm only happy if it's blue skies and frosty. You can expect 20 degrees + though which is 'orrible.
300 quid wont get you very far if you're on your own.
If you can find a few friends to share petrol / ferry money you should be able to do Font on that budget.
:agree:

psychomansam

• forum hero
#4 Re: October Bouldering - where to go?
October 13, 2013, 12:50:23 pm
Obviously, it's 2 weeks away still, but forecast for half term week is around 14 degrees with cloud - plenty cool enough for a lot of stuff!
 :2thumbsup:

honroid

• addict
#5 Re: October Bouldering - where to go?
October 13, 2013, 06:08:11 pm
I've got half term coming up (Joys of teaching)  and I plan to get away for a few days, hopefully on a bouldering holiday. Can anyone recommend a place to go for 4-5days, with bouldering from font 7a-8a for under £300!?

I've never bouldered abroad so I'm pretty clueless!

Any info is appreciated!  ;D

I have booked a flight to Milano; 5CHF a night camping, £130 return flight with Ryanair and one pad. All set for Magicwood...

I think Font would be fine also, obviously better if you get  a cold snap and a few dry days. October should be good though! Personally I've always gone out to font with mates and never gone out alone, although I'm told that there are shared gites available where you can just see who else is there when you get out there...?

I'm heading to Magicwood though as everyone else has just had a week in font (during termtime - selfish of them) and the bouldering in Magicwood is concentrated, meaning that you always find people to climb with. Also, most folk stay at the campground so it tends to be more sociable and easy to find people to climb with. Anyway, as I posted below, I'm heading out October 25th for a week.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal