UKBouldering.com

achtung: meinen hotel zimmer hast der tinternet - proper ßö (Read 6359 times)

dave

thats right peeps, hold onto your lederhosen cuz i'm coming atcha with an austrian flava right outa da alpine ghetto.

just had a week of 30deg+ wetha in the zillertal and ting, droped some kwalidi ggranite shit , if a little warm. last few daze has been rain, but got up to some high alt shit in felbertauern which was good. when you're walking over snow in june to get to that shit you know its ßö selectä müthä fükkeaz.

if only this PC had painshop i#d post up some photos but i've nowt to resize em wi. peace.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
looking forward to pics... I've really fancied heading up in the mountains for some high altitude bouldering. You must have been pretty high up to have snow on the ground and an air temp of 30C!

dave

no, 30deg was last week. today was like 15 ish though the car thermo said 7 at one point. basically shirt and or a jumper. still bo, though i doubt its that high really. was at ~1650m today, or so the map says. if the sun came out it would still be hot though. today the highest stuff we saw looked good but most of the best stuff had water flowing round it all (apparently its been one of the wettest alpine summers for years so far), which was a shame cos some of the shit looked  Ã¼ber good.

dave

since theres no FTP shit on this PC i've uploaded a couple of taster pics to 0friction. good old MS Paint for the resizing and shit

Zillertal
all suberb kwaliti granite

some groove thing, excellent. bout V3/4 or summert

good arete, bout V1

crimpy wall right of the previous problem. some local youth said what i heard as 7a+. seemed at least that hard, very fingery/skinny. went back t do it but i was sweltering - oh well.

some hard prow thing. no idea of grade but al least 7b+ i'd have thought, some desperate contorsions and buff undercutting - way too hard.

excellent kinda rising traverse thing on little positive crimps - right up my straße. dunno grade, but i'm hoping at least 7b.....  :roll:

Felbertauern
decent granite, wet when we got there today but dried up some.

nice little lowball traverse. topo said 7a+, flashed - back o' the net.

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
Christ Dave, that looks top-notch! Especially the groove thing. No access problems then?

Granite does have the most beautiful lines...

dave

no access problems as far as i know. even the ones that involed jumping electric fences and walking past a farmhouse and through a herd of cows the farmers don't seem to give a shit. one boulder we had to wade through a very cold river to get to, that was the most problematic access.

might post some more photos up tomorrow and ting.

Mike_H

• menacing presence
Word D-Bomb

That groove looks double dope.

Get some more pictures posted up, you've wet our appetites' now.

Kim

• forum abuser
nice one parry, that all looks pretty fly  :8)

your bird the official alpine-rampage photographer?  :lol:

dave

yeah pretty much. you have to allow for a high percentage of wastage though due to limbs being out of shot, shots falling off, and have to pull on about 5 times for 1 photo cos "i wasn't ready". :lol:

might be it now for climbing though, unless we try and visit klem's secret shit in maltatal or the schweiger bros shit - went there yesterday but it rained and boulders surrounded by rampaging cattle.

a dense loner

• forum hero
too busy lookin good there dave  :8)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Sweet looking graneeta. I was hoping for a bit more alpen stylee though dave, braces, knee socks and a goat peter cap would surfice :wink: .

dave

summert like this OK then lovejoy?

a dense loner

• forum hero
christ on a crutch, u've been hittin the weights since i last saw u

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
:lol:  Yeah, that's the one.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Now your just posing in them sunglasses  :lol:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
That place looks mighty fine - how much bouldering is there and what sort of spread of grades are we talking?

dave

today had a walk round the maltizzle valizzle which is the klem loskot place. hard to find shit when youäve got jack shit info to start with, but i was very pleased with myself when i stumbled upon EMOTIONAL LANDSCAPES!!!!! its only like supposed to be summert like 8b+ or 8c. Looks amazing anall, perfect rock. walked up to it and thought "crist that looks alright, massive holds for an 8c". then of course you try and pull on and its a different jackanory. fucking desp. after about 5 goes managed to pull on for this photo:

gotta say its a flava place. was banking on bumping into soem locals to get the 2-11 but no-one about. blimey thats a kinda "reach for your woody" problem. MONSTER MONSTER!

dave

Quote from: "Bubba"
That place looks mighty fine - how much bouldering is there and what sort of spread of grades are we talking?

Zillertal: well over 300 probs i imagine and one of those places thats not going to get climbed out any time soon. hard to know exactle what there is though since i only had scraps of info gleaned off the net and some areas i only had vauge info to go off - there was probably loads of stuff i never even knew about.

Felbertauern: Over 100 problem probably, and theres this wood where they're developing new stuff i think, but its kinda ona steep hillside and ting so most landings are shite and thus no point ging up there on your own.

Maltatal: fuck knows, probably hundreds and i imagine still not reached full maturity, and like zillertal probably still rock all over the place undescovered. Ask Klem!

Kim

• forum abuser
did you need all them tick marks just to pull on?  :wink:

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
austria you say? im there, looks like some amazing boulders

*brief note explaining absence follows*

crashed car - 2 months off
newly broken rib - ? months off
failed 2nd year despite not being able to climb most of it.

hopefully when my rib is better I can get 'ard again

sike

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "vivahate"

crashed car - 2 months off
newly broken rib - ? months off
failed 2nd year despite not being able to climb most of it.

Ouch. Get well soon...

dave

Quote from: "Kim"
did you need all them tick marks just to pull on?  :wink:

funnily enough that photo was taken after i'd tried to brush most of them off as much as possible! most holds had 2 ticks, and most small footholds had a 4-point target-style tickmark.

a dense loner

• forum hero

i broke a rib a couple of years ago n i could still get ard on demand  :?

cofe

• forum hero
Quote from: "a dense loner"

i broke a rib a couple of years ago n i could still get ard on demand  :?

yes dense, but could you get 'bard' on demand......

:?:

a dense loner

• forum hero
that would be a tick  :!:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal