the shizzle > new routes

Long Wall Stuff

<< < (2/2)

kc:
The unnamed route is now called:

North Atlantic Drift 8a

and I got the chance to re climb and place a lower off on Atlantic Realm that could be about 7c+ maybe?

Cathedral Taste has got to be significantly harder than 7b+ now.
Some good and currently very dry routes to do here and a change from the sheep paths.

mark20:
Spreading the Long Wall love for anyone who missed the Peak Bolf Fund facebook post -
The trio of popular 7s on the left all have new belays. Demystified 7b+ has a new belay. Moldewarp Wall 7c+ fully rebolted. Brothers in Arms 7b+ cleaned and has some very good unusual moves. The old project to the right is fully rebolted and climbed 'In The Brothers Arms 7c+' - bouldery. Rouge Total 7b has the old 8mm aid bolt on the crux (?!) replaced with a glue in, the rest are good GG staples. Jungle Rock 7b and Some Things Change 7b+ have a new low direction bolt to save your bollocks on the tricky starting bulges, and a new belay. Fatal Attraction 7a is fully rebolted with bolts in sensible positions. Keith's old route Rolling Stone is fully rebolted at 6c, making the best crag warm up, just a shame it is quite reachy through the final roof. The new belay over the roof is shared with Balancing Act 7b and Trick Show 7b+ which have both been cleaned. These are a good trio of routes on the longest part of the crag.
Titanic really could do with a full re-bolt and it is on the list. North Atlantic Drift, Atlantic Realm and Meterol are all proving relatively popular.
Breathless 7c+ is fully rebolted, and brilliant. Cathedral Taste feels like a hard and unbalanced 7c or 7c+ now (for the tall) with a very crimpy lower bulge since hold loss. Utterly desperate if you are short. The glued up right hand start past 2 expansion bolts, is a bit less morpho and slightly easier so makes a more worthwhile balanced route, - Cathedral Distaste 7c.
A Bout De Souffle 7c has a new belay. From which you can swing across and clip the new belay on Multiplex E4. Currently clean and good for onsight goes, I know there are at least a couple of people on this forum who might be interested in this. Take double ropes and a set of wires. There was a fairly crucial peg on the middle slab, which I pulled out and glued a bolt into the same placement.
The direct start Smutt E5 6c has a great shouldery move past the low peg (new bolt) to gain the slab and gear on Multiplex.

Wood FT:
Absolutely brilliant levels of effort. I really look forward to climbing on this rejuvenated wall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version