UKBouldering.com

[Cheshire][Harmers Wood][The Midnight Bell][7A] (Read 1956 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
[Cheshire][Harmers Wood][The Midnight Bell][7A]
September 06, 2013, 06:28:14 am
The centre of the big back wall of the roadside quarry, starting fron the obvious pockets. Massive thanks to Tom for coming out to spot despite having a few other things to do right now, to J Dawes for old skool psyche, and to Steve (steveri here) for loan of a pad.

I'm made up with this superb wall climb (marred slightly by the perma-damp first five feet), despite the lowly grade it felt like the best thing I've got done this year. Its very tall and the crux is a fluffable dyno for the top , worrying for an old man with shot knees. After a lot of faffing last week and some more last night I eventually went for it, took the right from the top once and then managed to man up.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Effort beast!! So glad you got it done before this drizzle arrived :)

andy popp

• forum hero
Cheers Si, definitely nick of time. Of course, I meant 'took the ride from the top move once' - it felt like a long way down.

tomtom

• forum hero
Fantastic effort Andy.

Andy has been nurturing (drying, patting, scrubbing) over the summer. On a close attempt last week, Andy fell from half way (about 3m), missed the mats and I thought he had multiple compound fractures on both ankles - as right in front of me I watched his feet almost collapse/disappear.
It turned out they'd sunk about 9-12" into the quagmire under the problem!

Its a great line, but I suspect it will need a summer as dry as the one we've just had before it gets back in condition again.

:)

Tom

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
Nice effort kids.

TomTom, am I right to understand you live in Hull?! If so you must be syked for Cheshire!

tomtom

• forum hero

Nice effort kids.

TomTom, am I right to understand you live in Hull?! If so you must be syked for Cheshire!

I have a split existence :) mrsTT 2B lives in S Manchestershire.. And being an academic Cheshire sits well with the summer break.. (And I like it!)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal