UKBouldering.com

Free online survey tool? (Read 2366 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Free online survey tool?
August 13, 2013, 04:18:13 pm
I've spent the best part of two hours searching for an open source online survey tool to little avail. I did come across Limesurvey but I'm really not wanting to go down the road of technical fidgeting at the installation stage.

My only real criteria is that I'd like the option to produce some PDF printed versions where some of my potential respondents aren't met at a computer. This seems to be a paid feature with almost any site I've found. Not that I'm a Google Analytics power user but a handy results and graphical analysis page akin to theirs would of course be of benefit.

Many tanks.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Free online survey tool?
August 13, 2013, 04:22:18 pm
A form under Google Drive and printing the resulting web-page for non-computer surveys and then inputting manually to the spreadsheet which collates responses is one option.

battery

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Free online survey tool?
August 13, 2013, 06:53:46 pm
Survey monkey?

Monolith

• forum hero
#3 Re: Free online survey tool?
August 13, 2013, 10:29:04 pm
Slackers - Thanks for this suggestion. I am all hooked up to Google Drive but when you mention a "form under Google Drive", do you mean a Word format form or just something that can be shared as a link. Sorry for my stupidity.

Battery - Unfortunately they don't allow to you to print a copy of the survey off unless an upgrade is made.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4 Re: Free online survey tool?
August 14, 2013, 07:27:02 am
Slackers - Thanks for this suggestion. I am all hooked up to Google Drive but when you mention a "form under Google Drive", do you mean a Word format form or just something that can be shared as a link.

Go into Drive, click on the red "Create" button (left hand side of the page), from there you can select amongst other things a "Form", this allows you to create a survey, and puts all the results into a spreadsheet for you as it is completed.  Its what I did with the Benchmarking Survey.  You can set fields to be of different types, free text, numerical, categorical etc.

Monolith

• forum hero
#5 Free online survey tool?
August 14, 2013, 09:08:03 am
Perfect thanks very much big guy! I'll jump straight on it this afternoon.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#6 Re: Free online survey tool?
August 14, 2013, 09:15:08 am
You're welcome, hope it fills the required need.

Monolith

• forum hero
#7 Re: Free online survey tool?
August 14, 2013, 12:18:04 pm
10 mins playing with it and it's perfect for my current needs. Although I have a large body of predominantly anecdotal evidence, I need to produce some hard data for market research purposes. The 'summary of responses' has the right kind of basic analytical tools too which is great.

Thanks again for saving me some hours digging around mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal