UKBouldering.com

Bouldering in Majorca (Read 5708 times)

Zen

Bouldering in Majorca
August 03, 2013, 02:35:40 pm
Hi everyone,

Next year I'll be going to Puerto Pollensa with my girlfriend and her family and I've been granted permission to do a spot of bouldering if there's anywhere nearby. After a quick look online I've heard of a place called Boquer Valley which seems to have a lot of boulders and is nearby to where we'll be staying; has anyone climbed there before and could recommend areas or problems worth sending?

I also might have an issue with regards to crash pads. I'm quite confident/not taking the climbing too serious to get away with no spotter but I could really do with a mat and so I was wondering if anyone has had any experience renting or buying a cheap pad while over there?

Thanks!

Gus

• obsessive maniac
  • Smash It In!
#1 Re: Bouldering in Majorca
August 05, 2013, 10:52:12 am
three words:

Deep......Water.......Soloing.

Eddies

• forum hero
#2 Re: Bouldering in Majorca
August 05, 2013, 12:20:36 pm
One word:

SOOOOOOUUUUUUP!

Sypeland

• stalker
    • http://www.climbersbalm.com
#3 Re: Bouldering in Majorca
August 08, 2013, 04:12:40 pm
I was there last year, bloody boiling 40 degrees +.
But this is where it is;

Sypeland

• stalker
    • http://www.climbersbalm.com
#4 Re: Bouldering in Majorca
August 08, 2013, 04:23:55 pm
Boquer is on the left side of this map.

ianto9

• player
#5 Re: Bouldering in Majorca
August 08, 2013, 09:03:09 pm
The boulder pictured is good,the best there! I went on my own there,on a family hol,the best problem is a sitter from the obvious big round jug straight up to a nice Rockover v7 I managed to pull a hold off the crux,lucky a passing Scotsman(lonesome boulderer also) was there with a saving spot as there was a large tree stump(looks now removed where dead branch is in pic)a young mallorcan couple where climbing on the bolted routes close by saw it happen and were horrified when I handed them the hold.it still went at same grade.Theres an area up the valley past pollensa with some nice boulders more variety but take long pants grass very sharp I found a topo online cant remember on what sry.

Zen

#6 Re: Bouldering in Majorca
August 09, 2013, 11:10:33 pm
I was there last year, bloody boiling 40 degrees +.
But this is where it is;

I've done a little research and found the place, it looks pretty ace to be honest! How did you fare with regards to a crash pad (i.e. did you bring one with you or hire or go without?...)?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal