UKBouldering.com

Problems up at Kinder South (Read 1364 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
Problems up at Kinder South
June 08, 2004, 10:38:04 pm
I took a stroll up there the other day to have a look at a few things, and noticed a couple of boulder problems that looked quite tasty.  Just wondered if anyone knew what they were...  Basically, it was a sit start to the route Gather Ye Gritbudds, on Upper Edale.

Also of note, I nearly crapped myself when I saw the number of Boulders up past the Pagoda!   :shock:  :shock:   It's like a mini castle hill.  There are some absolutely awesome features on the boulders up there.  It's unlike any grit I've seen... which was quite cool.  Don't know about quality of problems because i wasn't climbing, but I'm sure someone on here will have done everything up there!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Problems up at Kinder South
June 08, 2004, 10:42:18 pm
Problems up at Kinder South

The main problem being the walk-in....haven't they installed a chair-lift yet??  :?

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#2 Problems up at Kinder South
June 08, 2004, 10:53:52 pm
Are your legs still defective?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3 Problems up at Kinder South
June 08, 2004, 10:54:19 pm
unfortunately not as good as they look. well they would be but the top layer comes off pretty easy wi a good scrub. so we didn't carry on wi the exercise. however saw one of the best lines ever n couldn't find it when i went back  :?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#4 Problems up at Kinder South
June 08, 2004, 11:12:28 pm
Quote from: "unclesomebody"
Are your legs still defective?

Yeah, and my lungs lol.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Problems up at Kinder South
June 08, 2004, 11:14:21 pm
I've only been up to the other side of the plateau - if you walk more or less straight up opposite the Snake Pass Inn. There's a crag up there with a route on it that features in the Some Climbers film.

Spoke to Dan Honeyman about it and he said he'd done some bouldering up there.

Though I did find quite a few nicely sculpted boulders, they were all just that bit too small to be worthwhile - if they'd have been one and a half or two times their size they'd have been well worth the four mile uphill hike.

But that said, I bet there's a fair bit of stuff up there, if you know where to look. Hand me that trial-bike  :wink:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#6 Problems up at Kinder South
June 08, 2004, 11:20:13 pm
there is a fair bit of stuff in both the areas mentioned. good probs to be done if u're still a student, just the timescale that's offputting. decent when it's as hot as today as well

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal