UKBouldering.com

Wife Beaters... (Read 20248 times)

thrashhard

• player
#50 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 09:04:25 am

the tag says clearly bangladesh
it´s just a distraction so that those hippsters think they are so ethical sophisticated

There's Bangladesh and Bangladesh though innit. http://about.hm.com/content/hm/aboutsection/en/About/Sustainability/Commitments/Responsible-Partners/Supply-Chain.html  H and M actually seem to be doing something about their supply chain.  I assume there's no A/C in most clothing factories in Asia, so I guess they are all 'sweatshops'.

Containerised shipping on boats is quite low carbon per kilo.

Organic is not necessarily low carbon.

yeah and since the guys at h&m claiming about themself that they are a good good brand it has to be true.
There are many independent insitutions like the CCC or the fair wear foundation who will tell you the opposite.
yeah shipping in containers is better that per plain but producing the garments in europe or egypt (where most cotton is from) would be less carbon than two times half around the globe.

Just checked the label on my moon top, "made in turkey" , I believe they're relatively good on working conditions.

thats the thing with believing. google begs to differ.
http://www.cleanclothes.org/news/2010/11/18/killer-jeans-manifesto-to-end-sandblasting

tomtom

• forum hero
#51 Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 09:34:48 am
apologies if that's made your breakfast come up.. ;)

Stubbs

#52 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 09:47:51 am
Firstly I didn't say H&M were 'good', just that they were trying to be responsible and do something about their supply chain, which is a lot more than a lot of companies.  This is an interesting read on the subject http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/apr/07/hennes-mauritz-h-and-m

I note that they also signed up to the fire safety accord in Bangladesh http://www.cleanclothes.org/news/2013/05/14/more-brands-commit-to-the-accord-on-fire-building-safety-in-bangladesh

Fast fashion is here to stay, and where I don't buy much from these sort of places myself, plenty do.  I often think CCC and similar organisations could do more good highlighting which companies offer the best option, rather than just highlighting negative news.

The global market and production is here to stay too, Yvon Chouinard writes about it well in Let My People Go Surfing.  Egypt to Bangladesh ain't that far really, I guess that's why the shipping canals are so busy!

thrashhard

• player
#53 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 11:59:56 am
Firstly I didn't say H&M were 'good', just that they were trying to be responsible and do something about their supply chain, which is a lot more than a lot of companies.  This is an interesting read on the subject http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/apr/07/hennes-mauritz-h-and-m

I note that they also signed up to the fire safety accord in Bangladesh http://www.cleanclothes.org/news/2013/05/14/more-brands-commit-to-the-accord-on-fire-building-safety-in-bangladesh

Fast fashion is here to stay, and where I don't buy much from these sort of places myself, plenty do.  I often think CCC and similar organisations could do more good highlighting which companies offer the best option, rather than just highlighting negative news.

The global market and production is here to stay too, Yvon Chouinard writes about it well in Let My People Go Surfing.  Egypt to Bangladesh ain't that far really, I guess that's why the shipping canals are so busy!

And that exactly is the point. Take this thread.
Someone starting a thread about crappy tank tops. willing to pay 20 bucks for some sweatshop shirt with a moon logo on it instead of spending the same amount of money for a blank no name shirt made under fair conditions.
The consumtion of things that unnecessary and especially the "outdoor-scene" is full of it. people who think they need special pants and softshells for gymclimbing. Not to forget approach shoes for that hard rides on the bus and subway. i think you know what i mean.
If the people would only buy stuff they really need it would make a difference.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#54 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 01:06:15 pm

Untitled by Nibile, on Flickr
A few ones in the washing machine.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#55 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 04:37:57 pm
Can't help but  feel I'm missing out.  I'm so puny that I can't wear vests  - my entire upper body fits through the neck holes!

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#56 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 08:46:55 pm

it has been a while since I saw you with your clothes off Tomtom, but since then you do seem to have grown some arms and shoulders worthy of a vest - not that I ever looked at your body or anything

tomtom

• forum hero
#57 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 08:53:15 pm
Photoshop darling, photoshop ;)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#58 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 08:57:35 pm
I can't remember what "photoshop" was code for

was it Fox House toilets or Premier Inn ?

tomtom

• forum hero
#59 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 08:59:35 pm
I can't remember what "photoshop" was code for

was it Fox House toilets or Premier Inn ?

Tsk. costume not location....

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#60 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 09:02:55 pm
this UKB Polari thing is beyond me

rich d

• forum hero
#61 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 09:37:56 pm

it has been a while since I saw you with your clothes off Tomtom, but since then you do seem to have grown some arms and shoulders worthy of a vest - not that I ever looked at your body or anything
are you stood on the floor there tomtom?

tomtom

• forum hero
#62 Wife Beaters...
July 12, 2013, 09:57:32 pm
Nope. One shitty knee height smear (honest :) ). See the Blackstones thread for more on the problem if you're interested.

tomtom

• forum hero
#63 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 04, 2015, 02:52:46 pm

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#64 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 04, 2015, 03:43:41 pm
   :lol:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#65 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 04, 2015, 09:36:04 pm
just imagine the power of a singlet with a timber wolf howling against a Stars & Stripes background: your gaze could drill new holds into the rock!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#66 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 05, 2015, 09:05:59 am
Your argument is invalid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tomtom

• forum hero
#67 Re: Wife Beaters...
July 05, 2015, 09:53:14 am
FUCK YEAH!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal