UKBouldering.com

Help needed! font. for one (Read 2254 times)

Bobtheboulderer

Help needed! font. for one
June 30, 2013, 10:07:50 pm
Hi guys, Iīm planning to go to Fontainebleau in the end of July. Unfortunately I donīt know any other climbers who want to go in this time of the year, with the heat and all.

So Iīm going alone. I have been looking for a nice campsite and found one. Itīs called les pres, and is quite affordable. But I donīt have a drivers licence. Can I walk to the boulders or should I consider going to another camping?

Is it also possible to bring a bicycle in the train? Maybe I can cycle, or are the paths sandy and not accessible by bicycle?

Any tips and advice will be much appreciated! If you want to come along, do! xD   

psychomansam

• forum hero
#1 Re: Help needed! font. for one
June 30, 2013, 11:19:59 pm
If you're going by yourself without a car you basically need to stay at la musardiere campsite. It's the only place that's really within walking distance to climbing. It's pretty close. A bike might be helpful for getting into town and back to do shopping. With some mountain bike tyres, you could even use it to get about the forest a wee bit. Something to do on rest days! You could do without though. I'm sure you could hitch a lift with some friendly climbers into milly la foret or fontainebleau to pick up grub etc.

Staying at les pres and walking is a no go sadly (since it's half the price). On the plus side, Musardiere has a swimming pool (no big english trunks allowed of course, this being france). Realistically, with regards to price, I always figure that the half hour round trip driving from les pres to the crags and back eats enough fuel to even the prices out a fair whack.

Bobtheboulderer

#2 Re: Help needed! font. for one
July 01, 2013, 02:47:39 pm
Thx! I found out that la musardiere is not that expensive after all. I was just put off by the swimming pool thinking it was rly expensive. Are you for real about the swimming trunks? Im not wearing some gay ass French speedo swimwear.  ;D 

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3 Re: Help needed! font. for one
July 01, 2013, 02:51:31 pm
Don't know if it still runs but there was the boulder bus that went to Font and back from London.

Its not a joke about speedos only in the pool at Musardiere, my friend got kicked out whilst wearing a wet-suit because it didn't conform to their rules.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#4 Re: Help needed! font. for one
July 01, 2013, 05:22:58 pm
Welcome!

you can at least get some of the speedo extra-tight weeny shorts rather than the g-string pants. They're not even that disgraceful.*

http://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/SP1115/Speedo-Mens-Evenpace-Aqua-Shorts-Black-Blue

*You should probably be careful about taking swimwear advice from a man who spends as long in the sauna as I do.

i.munro

• junky
#5 Re: Help needed! font. for one
July 02, 2013, 01:13:45 pm
If you can afford it (no campsite & farcically posh town) can I suggest Fontainebleau itself as a base at that time of year.
Most of the areas walkable from musardiere lack shade & are very fine grained sandstone & polished ie v. slippery in the heat.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal