UKBouldering.com

Out of Sight - Hidden Fontainebleau (Read 15144 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Out of Sight - Hidden Fontainebleau
June 18, 2013, 08:29:09 pm

Available now

​A Film by Neil Hart

Starring: Nalle Hukkataival, Chris Schulte, Nico Favresse, Jacky Godoffe, Jo Montchaussé, Simon (kook) Newstead, Olivier Lebreton, Daniel Olausson, Barnaby Ventham, Glairon Mondet Guillaume, Caroline Sinno, Nora Kamer, Kees Mak and Bart van Raaij
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:41:08 pm by shark »

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
The extras has a short film with Fred Nicole and nalle at cuisiniere, ending in fred explaining to nalle how to do karma and nalle sending it

Dr T

• forum hero
and now that we have an official sponsored thread I can independently verify it's 10/10 star quality awesomeness.
A genuinely beautifully and thoughtfully shot bouldering film - in some ways more like a collection of wonderfully framed scenes than the usual panned out or tracking shot of someone strong making something hard look easy (though Nalle does manage to make the same problems look both hard-whilst falling off-and easy-when sending-within matters of minutes)
Thumbs up/five stars/10/10 take your pick
 :great:

edit - there's also a thread on Bleau.info for the more bilingual UKBers but they seem to like it too - "The casting of climbers is impressive but the quality of images is even more exceptional, showing rare boulders and a nature that Neils invites us to respect."

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
thanks mine, wait till you see the extras ;)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
"Support from UKC"?  Now I'll have to buy a copy to watch and enjoy, then burn!   :whip:

Looks great Neil. Can I pick up a DVD when I'm over?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
yes I save you a copy :) not getting much support from UKC mind :(

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
That's what you get for selling your soul    :devangel:

tomtom

• forum hero
#7 Out of Sight - Hidden Fontainebleau
June 19, 2013, 09:20:01 am
yes I save you a copy :) not getting much support from UKC mind :(

Have they released their own version thats pretty much identical? - except it has little fist pump, and fluttery heart icons in the corner of each shot - and they get the names of the boulders and climbers wrong every now and then.... ;)

rodma

• forum hero
Will purchase and download ce soir  :great:

your maisonbleau link points at www.aisonbleau.com

Dr T

• forum hero

www.maisonbleau.com is the working link...

rodma

• forum hero

www.maisonbleau.com is the working link...

:lol:

I guessed that thanks, i just thought Neil might like to know that the link wasn't working on his sponsors page

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
thanks guys for pointing that out, I am rubbish at these sorts of things, to much going on the last few weeks, UKC have nicely put it up for me, so cheers for all who is getting behind this  :beer2:

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
really nice review from 8a.nu

One of the better climbing videos I have ever seen. It is very inspirational and Neil has succeeded to fulfil his plan. The footage is excellent and it is just a very relaxed Font atmosphere that is captured with a great variation of problems and profiles. Bouldering at it's best in all ways.

Duma

• forum hero
That was excellent. Particularly liked Jo M's repetitive footwork and Daniel's reaction at the end.
Nice one Neil.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
thanks man glad you liked it, spread the word :) he aint bad a campusing for an old man :) I will have the extras up soon for HD download, I will send you mail with details when they are ready, your gonna love jackys waffling on for 10 minutes

Duma

• forum hero
Sweet. I was tempted by the dvd just for the interview, but download would be better. I did the FB share thing fwiw.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
DVD is out order now :) and now the download comes with the extras

Gallant

• player
If you downloaded it sans extras, how do you get hold of them?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
did you buy it without the extras? if so send me an email and I will email you the password for the extras ;)

standard

• obsessive maniac
does nalle confirm/downgrade misti in the extras?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
he doesn't say it in the extras, but he def confirms it on his site that its 8c

Gallant

• player
I've no idea if I bought it without extras, I just clicked buy now. Email sent all the same though. Cheers.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
one thing he does say is that he had try so hard he nearly blacked out trying to send it, although it does not look like it :)

heelhookofglory

• menacing presence
    • SPC
Looking forward to this!

Neil, typo on this page: http://www.outofsightthemovie.com/#!buy-it-now/cuhn

"1080p file size 2.2gid"

Should read 2.2gig I presume ;)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
 :whistle: cheers sorted now

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
If you're doing corrections would you care to correct the mistakes in the review section?! I'm guessing you copy-pasted them so they're not your fault.  :2thumbsup:
I'll buy the download to it when the wife gets home with the (her) credit card. Can't wait.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
If you're doing corrections would you care to correct the mistakes in the review section?! I'm guessing you copy-pasted them so they're not your fault.  :2thumbsup:
I'll buy the download to it when the wife gets home with the (her) credit card. Can't wait.

yep good old copy and paste hey :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yo Neil. I paid for the download yesterday but didn't manage to download it (was on my phone). Now it's saying it's expired when I click through the link on the email. Any ideas?

:shrug:

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
Yo Neil. I paid for the download yesterday but didn't manage to download it (was on my phone). Now it's saying it's expired when I click through the link on the email. Any ideas?

:shrug:

poor poor you:) I will send you the link ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Nice one mate. Downloading now.  :)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Damn, shouldn't have pre-ordered the DVD at €15.00 + €2.50 p&p (£15.42) its now only $17 which is a much better deal (£11.07). 

Even if its a typo I could have saved €0.50 :-\

standard

• obsessive maniac
I'm confused about how to get the extras.
Click here for the HD download, 1920x816 1080p file size 2.9gig running time 51 minutes +  extras featured in the DVD

I bought that, so how do I get a hold of the extras?

Cheers very much!

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
Damn, shouldn't have pre-ordered the DVD at €15.00 + €2.50 p&p (£15.42) its now only $17 which is a much better deal (£11.07). 

ha ha yes I sorted out a deal at the post office :)

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
I'm confused about how to get the extras.
Click here for the HD download, 1920x816 1080p file size 2.9gig running time 51 minutes +  extras featured in the DVD

I bought that, so how do I get a hold of the extras?

Cheers very much!

when you paid for it, it says proceed to download then you have both files there, if not send me an email, and I send you the link ;)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

ha ha yes I sorted out a deal at the post office :)

I'll think twice about pre-ordering in the future.  My past experience is that pre-ordering is usually a little cheaper to encourage sales. :shrug:

I hope Jules Lines book I recently pre-ordered doesn't drop in price once published too.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
Have the pre ordered dvd's been sent?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
Have the pre ordered dvd's been sent?

I'm hoping they get sent today or tomorrow

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
thanks

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
One of the DVD extras from the film www.outofisghtthemovie.com

The DVD is now available for fast world wide shipping and to celebrate this we are offering 20% this weekend only, simple buy it now at www.outofsightthemovie.com and enter this code 45872918 at the checkout

This is Nalle claiming the second ascent of this amazing 8c traverse deap in the hidden forest of Fontainebleau

Filmed by www.neilhart.info

Big thanks to http://climbing.ilooove.it/ and http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com for there support on this film

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
The DVD is now available for fast world wide shipping and to celebrate this we are offering 20% this weekend only, simple buy it now at www.outofsightthemovie.com and enter this code 45872918 at the checkout

>:(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 07:55:33 am by slackline »

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
It's not so  :( for people that have already bought the DVD.

This is a special for just this weekend and it is replacing the buying the DVD and being able to get the down load for 50% off.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
It's not so  :( for people that have already bought the DVD.

This is a special for just this weekend and it is replacing the buying the DVD and being able to get the down load for 50% off.

50% off the download was never of any interest to me.  The reason I went for the DVD is there were extras and I can rip it all for playback over my own network.  Why pay twice for the same thing in different formats? :shrug:

Just think the pricing for postage should have been sorted earlier and am now mildly miffed that I bothered placing an advance order.  My lesson...be circumspect when placing pre-orders in the future.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
Hi slackers, to clear things up the postage is still the same, i will happilly refund you if you wish :) this is just a special weekend offer and sorry if it caused any confussion, basically the offer is almost the same as the one on the site that no one knew about basically you are getting free postage on the dvd this weekend only

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Thanks but no thanks.

The material value is in this instance inconsequential, its the principle of accurate information for customers.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
Fair point but do you do this when everyone offers a discount?

Its a weeknd promotion to encourage more sales, next time is see you i will give you 2 euros :)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Offers are offers and the seller reserves the right to apply them as and when they choose.

In my experience it is uncommon for pre-orders to be taken at full cost and then when stock arrives offer a discount.  The example I linked above does it the other way round with discounted pre-orders to encourage sales (perhaps to raise some capital to help cover costs), then normal price when stock arrives.

If it had been made clear initially that there would be a discount when stock arrived to encourage sales I would have waited.  You may not have made the decision to apply the discount upon the arrival of stock when pre-orders were being taken though so you couldn't have advertised that, but if you had planned to and made that clear on the site no one in their right mind would have pre-ordered, they'd have just waited for the stock to arrive and for it to be offered at the discounted price.

So, my lesson from this is unless its explicit that pre-orders are discounted, wait and see what happens as you never know if the seller is going to offer a discount when the stock arrives.

Looking forward to receiving the DVD some time next week, the trailers (and backlog of Doses') look good.

Durbs

• forum hero
Top video - but likewise didn't get the link to download the extras, only had the one option.

Linky linky please? (Purchase email was durbsuk at that hotmail thingy with a com at the end)

andybfreeman

• menacing presence
Can't wait for my DVD to arrive!! I need something to help keep the psyche up while laid up with a broken heel and I'm (metaphorically at least) :bounce:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal