UKBouldering.com

West Penwith E3/4 (Read 12409 times)

Tom de Gay

• stalker
#25 Re: West Penwith E3/4
June 28, 2013, 04:58:07 pm
Not sure it's possible to answer that, as the tide level will vary day to day.

If you can time it right, then the traverse sounds like a much better way to approach than the trouser-filling abseil.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#26 Re: West Penwith E3/4
July 02, 2013, 01:58:12 pm
Any specific tips for E4s? They are a major effort and uncertain outcome for me so be nice to have some accessible ones to get on - friendly feel, decent gear that sort of thing.

Andy, judging your trip report on the other place (and why not here, eh? ...EH?) and the tone of your request, what you need more than anything else are psyched partners who climb E4/5 and are going to give you lots of positive reinforcement "you'll be fine on this... it's only 6b+ in real grades". I sense your targets are a real mental challenge for you. You are going to struggle climbing with someone who decides half-way through a route they don't fancy the top pitch / won't hold your rope on your route shortly after you have done the honors for them / wants to head home a day early.  This will necessitate a degree of ruthlessness on your part.

The usual training trivia, weight optimisation / wall sessions / fall practice, are tinkering around the edges. Please excuse my presumption for offering coaching type advice where none was requested, but since you participate in f*t club I consider you fair game!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#27 Re: West Penwith E3/4
July 02, 2013, 02:16:05 pm
Not sure it's possible to answer that, as the tide level will vary day to day.

But whether spring or neap, mid tide will always be the same level (give or take a foot)

<Apologies for pedantry>

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#28 Re: West Penwith E3/4
July 02, 2013, 02:39:21 pm
what you need more than anything else are psyched partners who ... are going to give you lots of positive reinforcement
Sometimes the hardest part!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal