UKBouldering.com

Malcolm Smith repeats Directors Cut (Read 2150 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Malcolm Smith repeats Directors Cut
June 06, 2004, 11:09:31 pm
I was just about to load this on my site, but the server went down, so you can read all about it here instead:

Such is the popularity of Parisella's in these post guide times, that today saw virtually the entire cast from the Stick It film turn up at the cave. Should the ceiling have collapsed this afternoon an entire generation of hardcore climbers would have been wiped out in one single sweep of fate. (I can't understand what went wrong – I had all the shot holes plugged with dynamite. Maybe the fuses were dampened by all the raw testosterone floating about.)
Discussions about the grade of The Director's Cut reached a natural conclusion when Malcolm made a cool repeat of the line in front of the aforementioned throng. The conditions were quite poor and Malcolm said, on reflection that V13 fitted and Jamie agreed. Malcolm also fell off coming into the undercuts on the Big Link – declaring that he wasn't going home until it was in the bag. Gareth Parry also came close (but no cigar) to linking The Pit of Hell Start back across the Big Link traverse onto the Left Wall Traverse, falling off on relatively easy ground.

(NB. Thanks to ace reporters CJD and Neil - Ding Dong -Dyer)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal