UKBouldering.com

The Coil. Farleton (Read 2375 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
The Coil. Farleton
June 09, 2013, 06:02:55 pm
Hello,
I seem to be getting shut down on this - after three sessions I seem to have just found multiple ways to get to my high/low point...

OK, so I'm starting with LH in the hold at the base of the crack, RH on crozzles. Get feet on (spread out) and then get higher two finger crozzle with LH. Then, the crux seems to be getting the LH into the hold towards the top of the crack.. by bringing the LF under so you can use that to pull your body in (like the start of west side story in many ways)....

Is this the generally accepted method - or am I missing something blindingly obvious - as this seems nails!

TT

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 The Coil. Farleton
June 09, 2013, 07:33:35 pm
I get a high right foot and dyno to the break. Greg has a video online somewhere.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: The Coil. Farleton
June 12, 2013, 03:13:32 pm
CHeers GCW - though I'm not going to dyno it - it looks like it should be climbed and (more importantly) I'm shit at Dyno'ing!

Vid seems to have disappeared... :/

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: The Coil. Farleton
June 12, 2013, 03:59:00 pm
It's not actually a full dyno, your foot stays on.

gardinrm

• menacing presence
#4 Re: The Coil. Farleton
June 23, 2013, 10:06:16 pm
I was there trying this on friday and i think Gareth is right. If you are getting you right hand to the higher 2 finger crozzle thing, then you go for the top with left hand. I didn't manage it quite because i was an idiot and kept changing my beta (and also forgetting where i put my feet). The key thing for me though is where your feet are placed before going for the top because i was not quite tall enough to reach from my starting foot hold. What i do is bring in my left foot so i can move my right higher to a little nubbin then pull up. I think with this foot hold and being fresh, the move to the top will not be dynamic in the sense that your body moves a lot, but that you just quickly move your arm. I slapped the top a few times, but didn't catch a good bit (as well as being too tired). I plan to go back soon though because it is quality! I also want to get on new rose, have you tried that?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#5 Re: The Coil. Farleton
June 24, 2013, 07:00:10 am
Pretty sure I went to the break with my right.

New Rose us excellent. Just mind those pulleys!   :-[

JamieG

• forum hero
#6 Re: The Coil. Farleton
June 24, 2013, 04:27:17 pm
Robbie did try slapping up with his right a couple times, but didn't quite have the reach, so had to start going over with his left.

Stubbs

#7 Re: The Coil. Farleton
June 24, 2013, 04:34:05 pm
FWIW I thought New Rose was easier than The Coil.  The Coil took me ages, the break is slopey and polished which made it a hard deadpoint.  New Rose is only one basic pull then your foot is on a good hold for the move to the break.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal