UKBouldering.com

Hold recommendations for a steep (50ish) board (Read 4630 times)

Doylo

• forum hero
As per the title, I've been looking online but has anyone got any recommendations? Particularly for footholds (small but not too small).

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
I like the Geo Screw On Feet Board from Core. They've got them on the Depot 30. I've got them on my 40. A beast such as yourself shouldn't have a problem with them on a50

Doylo

• forum hero
Cheers Will I'll have a look. I'm not much of a beast on wood

SEDur

• stalker
  • Edam Tarquin
  • The future
The Stonesmith board holds are nails!

I imagine you would path up them in any orientation.

They are mainly pinches however, and few are in-cut, so not sure they would be optimal for a 50 [unless you are malc smith, or one of those floaty chaps john redhead was talking about].

The feet are particularly perfectly useless, and should therefor be ok for those with distinct wadage. I would be interested to hear or suggestions to!

http://stonesmithholds.com/product-category/training-tools/

Doylo

• forum hero
The Stonesmith holds look good. Says on the website they're not currently making to order but are selling what they've got in stock.

Duma

• forum hero
We've got the stonesmith holds at TCA - I really like them, think the feet should be pretty good for a 50 or 40, bit too good on a 30 though. The hands will be pretty fierce on a 50, but I'm sure you're beast enough Chris...

jakk

• regular
I've got the stonesmith hands and feet on my 50 and yeah, the hands are pretty nails. A few are incut but most are just flat pinches with a couple literally unusable, great but definitely need mixing with other things. The feet are good I think, have a light texturing and kinda big but often flat or slightly slopey so nice for tension but still usable. I also have the comp feet screw ons from Holdz which are amazing (and absolutely tiny) but again you can't really have them on their own, just too small for most moves.

Eddies

• forum hero
Re footholds buy yourself a small jenga set off ebay, pilot drill and csk 2holes thro each and screw them on... work a treat on my 45

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Re footholds buy yourself a small jenga set off ebay, pilot drill and csk 2holes thro each and screw them on... work a treat on my 45

They'd be good handholds for Chris, but what about footholds?

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Chris, if its wooden holds.. a lot of these were test run on peewee's 50, worth considering?!, the 15mm crimps will be pretty full on though.. enough to make the big G proud

http://crusherholds.co.uk/wooden-climbing-holds

Doylo

• forum hero
Ta all, very helpful. Just need to get the bugger up now.

Doylo

• forum hero

Ingenious!

Eddies

• forum hero

They'd be good handholds for Chris, but what about footholds?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201349864872
.30" = 8mm ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal