UKBouldering.com

Screwed over by Wrongfax (Read 129249 times)

crimp

#175 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 03:57:34 pm
While I am saddened by the acts of UKC I am not surprised.  Nor am I surprised by Andy's revaluation above.

Without going into too many technical details, there is a process known as document fingerprinting which gives the author of a document or a draft the ability to prove to a very high standard that a leaked version has come from a particular source or alternatively that a document containing similar information is not based on 'open source' data but rather a plagiarism of and infringement of the IP of the author of, shall we call it, the source guide book.

If the author of the guide wishes to discuss the matter further then I would be happy to speak to them and see if I can't find some one from a really frightening firm like 2birds, Wangs etc to get involved.  I don't want to be emailed at work, but Rich Crouch has my number and a pair of brand new red 5.10 moccasyms (if his parents haven't thrown them away).

PS you're still a bunch of middle class, group think, circle jerking lefties and if you want a pint, I'll be in the Sheaf some time when the grit's in nick.

i claim my pint you've offered. where the fuck is the sheaf? And when you in there?

Who the fuck is grit and why are they in the nick.

What the fuck is a circle jerk?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#176 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 04:01:18 pm
Fuck's sake I knew I'd regret it.

:lol:

I am staggered by Andy's revelation above. I never quite believed they just copied and pasted, but there's the proof. And doing it from an unpublished, private guide script too - well that really takes some chutzpah, and shows a total lack of respect for others (unpaid) effort.

I suggest from now on every definitive guide script contains multiple such 'easter eggs' to catch them out.

High time they were held to account and started to put a bit more back I think.

Nigel

• forum hero
#177 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 04:15:55 pm
Possibly there are examples of "cut-and-paste" in the Lakes Bouldering Rockfax? Although I have neither the time nor inclination to check. All I can recall from that guide is that is littered with mistakes, so maybe they did research it all themselves? Although having Lakesbloc as a resource must have been tempting...

ianv

• forum abuser
#178 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 04:21:12 pm
I predict that thread is now going to descent into a grabbo/dolerite style wankathon but for accountants   :boxing: :boxing:  :lol:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#179 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 04:26:31 pm
i claim my pint you've offered. where the fuck is the sheaf? And when you in there?

Who the fuck is grit and why are they in the nick.

What the fuck is a circle jerk?

Trust me, spending any time with Toryboy is not worth the free pint. You'll be at each other's throats before the head has even settled.

Good to hear from you Sloper. You fuck.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#180 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 04:28:25 pm

Sloper, do you want your old username re-activated? I'm guessing you've mislaid the password unless you actually want to start afresh that is... PM one of us if you want us to update your email and reset your password.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#181 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 04:33:21 pm
Sloperbackfortwolasttimes is the resurrection and he is the light.  Tosser.   :wave:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:50:05 pm by GCW »

backforonelasttime

#182 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 04:41:11 pm
I will be very put out to be referred to other than this login.

I doubt I will post again.

Goodybe

SA Chris

• forum hero
#183 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 04:46:46 pm
6 wad points from 2 posts? Then retire on a high??

crimp

#184 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 05:03:35 pm

Goodybe

Aye that's all very well. But you offered a pint in the Sheaf. Now where and when is that to?

andy popp

• forum hero
#185 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 05:06:34 pm

Goodybe

Thanks for the advice Tom, this time and before.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#186 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 05:12:04 pm
Aye that's all very well. But you offered a pint in the Sheaf. Now where and when is that to?

Have a . Should be noted that Sloper is not a resident in Sheffield so I hope you don't want that pint in a hurry...  ;)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#187 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 05:26:39 pm
I predict that thread is now going to descent into a grabbo/dolerite style wankathon but for accountants   :boxing: :boxing:  :lol:

Doing my best.

This is actually important though (rather than debating what you're supposed to call one bit of rock that's slightly less rough than another bit of rock) as if someone states that their company doesn't make any money (as an excuse/reason for their actions) then I think it's worth looking at.

And unfortunately, specifics and pedantry are everything when it comes to reading a set of accounts.............. and I hate seeing people stating things as fact when they're wrong.  :geek:

crimp

#188 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 05:28:08 pm

Have a . Should be noted that Sloper is not a resident in Sheffield so I hope you don't want that pint in a hurry...  ;)

Aye well. The Sheath. Prospect Road. Someone offered me a pint, and i intend to collect. Natch I up barman!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#189 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 05:39:58 pm
It was a tory promise. Means you never have to deliver :)

ianv

• forum abuser
#190 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 06:16:56 pm

I'm a psychic! I wish I was as good at predicting share prices and lottery numbers :lol: . Jasper, if I ever bump into you in a pub somewhere, remind me not to talk finance unless I am already verging on shitfaced  :whistle:

I do agree with you though.

petejh

• forum hero
#191 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 07:13:22 pm
Doing my best.

I can't believe that guy thinks you're being rude - you're putting across well-reasoned factual points in a clear manner, and which are highly relevant to some of Alan's arguments about not making any/enough profit, and which help illuminate whether what he's claiming is likely to be or not to be the truth.

Anyway, SteG's played a blinder and the NW Limestone guidebook website should be going live in minutes few.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

SteG

• addict
  • crimp
    • TheSend-Topo Apps
#193 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 08:16:02 pm
Anyway, SteG's played a blinder and the NW Limestone guidebook website should be going live in minutes few.

my minutes few are up and the new site is live.
it's a temporary holding site and might be a bit rough around the edges, so please don't PM with corrections to the css (slackline), we'll work on shiny new site to replace this one leading up to the book launch.

http://northwaleslimestone.com

Edit - forgot the link  :slap:

Doylo

• forum hero
#194 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 08:33:25 pm
Good job Steve. The pic of Devils Gorge in the samples is ace!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#195 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 08:40:42 pm

Goodybe

Its amusing enough just to know you're lurking to be honest.  :wave:

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#196 Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 09:07:16 pm
Can someone post a link to the debate on the other channel? I can't find it (and I haven't registered there)...

biscuit

• menacing presence
#197 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 09:09:59 pm
This is a question from a user on UKC - not from me - but i said i would pop on here and ask on their behalf:

AND.... while I'm on roll; where is the breakdown of the financial model of the putative North Wales Limestone? 'All profits will go the the bolt fund?' That will be the bolt fund that is funding the development/re-bolting activities of the guidebook writer? Nothing personal in this you understand.

Is that AFTER all origination/production costs are met? Or is there a certain amount going to the fund per copy sold from day 1? Will the accounts be published on UKC (seems to be the growing thing) in terms of cost of production and income generated? Who oversees the accounts?

According to this thread all these things should be in the public (i.e UKC) domain.

I am sure it can be cleared up and more transparent than Rockfax.

biscuit

• menacing presence
#198 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 09:10:43 pm
Can someone post a link to the debate on the other channel? I can't find it (and I haven't registered there)...

Enjoy !

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#199 Re: Screwed over by Wrongfax
June 13, 2013, 10:00:01 pm
Surely the real issue here is that Adge doesn't know where the Sheaf View is. Jesus fucking wept  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal