UKBouldering.com

Raventor poaching (Read 2266 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Raventor poaching
June 05, 2013, 09:47:23 pm
Had a call from Stephen Moores - the bailiff for the Wye - today, they are having problems with poachers in the vicinity of Raventor. He didn't seem to think it was climbers, but will be policing the area heavily for the next few weeks and mentioned there have been climbers camping in vans at the tor. If that's what you're up to, and you don't want to be rudely awoken in the middle of the night, he suggested putting a note on your dashboard, though I daresay a rope and gear might suffice. Likewise, if anyone has been there late and seen anything suspicious, information would be appreciated and would help with the improving relationships between climbers and fisherman in the dale. PM me and I can pass on his phone number, though he regularly passes the tor in a pickup with a wooden box on the back.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: Raventor poaching
June 06, 2013, 10:19:09 am
willackers or Lagerstarfish??

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#2 Re: Raventor poaching
June 12, 2013, 11:10:39 am
Stephen collared me yesterday and reiterated what JB said.

Anyone who is overnighting in the lay-by can you give him a call if you see any ne'er do wells at night with flashlights.

Haven't got his number on me now but will post up later.   

This would score major brownie points if you did.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Re: Raventor poaching
June 12, 2013, 12:38:04 pm
Indeed. As was mentioned on another thread, off path access in Chee dale/ Miller's dale is largely granted as a favour by the goodwill of the landowner/ manager. The goodwill does need maintaining.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#4 Re: Raventor poaching
June 12, 2013, 01:02:22 pm
Steven Moores 01298 871676

I can't find his mobile number - probably scribbled on a piece of shredded kitchen roll at the bottom off my fishing bag

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal