UKBouldering.com

Ben Moon interview (Read 15203 times)

Petey

#25 Re: Ben Moon interview
April 21, 2013, 03:48:29 am
I am interested in his 'retirement' from climbing...if you can call it that! I know he still climbs now but the last time I remember reading about high profile ascents from him was a trip to the US a few years ago when he did Mandala etc. Did he step away from 'pro' climbing due to the birth of his daughter? Lack of motivation? Putting more time in to his business? Getting weak? Getting old?

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#26 Re: Ben Moon interview
April 21, 2013, 06:02:11 am
When is he going to make an old farts reunion video with Jerry like that one of Joe and Don on Cemetery Gates? Ben grunts his way up Statement, belayed by Jerry making crusty owd git comments.

Johnnys D & R could look on and heckle from the beach too. With the tide coming in.

dave

#27 Ben Moon interview
April 21, 2013, 08:07:28 am
How fast did he manage to go in urban built up areas?

205Chris

• forum hero
#28 Re: Ben Moon interview
April 21, 2013, 08:19:17 am
I am interested in his 'retirement' from climbing...if you can call it that! I know he still climbs now but the last time I remember reading about high profile ascents from him was a trip to the US a few years ago when he did Mandala etc. Did he step away from 'pro' climbing due to the birth of his daughter? Lack of motivation? Putting more time in to his business? Getting weak? Getting old?

I was at the climbing works a year or so ago and I remember seeing a couple of wads (whose names I'll withhold to spare their blushes but between them climbing in the Font 8s and sport 8s) get shut down on a problem on the comp wall.

A few days later I was there again and saw Ben Moon rinse the same problem like he was just warming up which leads me to believe that at no point he's been 'getting weak'

Duma

• forum hero
#29 Re: Ben Moon interview
April 21, 2013, 08:32:36 am

I was at the climbing works a year or so ago and I remember seeing a couple of wads (whose names I'll withhold to spare their blushes but between them climbing in the Font 8s and sport 8s) get shut down on a problem on the comp wall.

A few days later I was there again and saw Ben Moon rinse the same problem like he was just warming up which leads me to believe that at no point he's been 'getting weak'

Ben did pretty well at the CWIF this year IIRC

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#30 Re: Ben Moon interview
April 21, 2013, 08:36:54 am
I would like to ask him how I became his hero.

Zods Beard

• forum abuser
#31 Re: Ben Moon interview
April 21, 2013, 10:08:19 am
What was the best/worst leggings/vest combo that he wore?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal