UKBouldering.com

Ceuse in may and alternatives. (Read 1520 times)

csl

• junky
Ceuse in may and alternatives.
April 16, 2013, 07:35:50 pm
Off to Ceuse on the 9th of may.

If it is too cold at Ceuse, does anyone have any recommendations for crags within 2 hours drive which won't be too hot in may. Was keen for St Leger but have been hearing it will probably be too hot in May.

Is Orpierre shit? Some people have said so.

What about stuff in the Durance? Tournoux too cold?

Basically looking for somewhere to go and onsight lots of 6c-7b stuff.

On a side note, anyone know if the campsite at Ceuse has chairs and tables knocking around or should i take my own?

Cheers for any replies.

AJM

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: Ceuse in may and alternatives.
April 16, 2013, 10:06:02 pm

I'm hoping its not too cold as I'm intending to be out there at a similar sort of time. The beta I gathered was that when it was good it was absolutely mint.

In terms of backups, the north facing bits of st Leger would maybe be worth a shot or the Balene sector (caveat - I've had a day on the south facing stuff which was fun but not actually climbed on the other side, guessing from the temps then that it might work...). There's malaucene nearby which is ok for a day or two as well.

Shady bits of Buoux might work. You could combine with Venasque which is shady and has some fun stuff. Done that stuff round April/May before.

I dont know how far it is to Loup or to Bauchet but they might be in condition by then.

I seem to recall picnic benches at the Ceuse campsite.

csl

• junky
#2 Re: Ceuse in may and alternatives.
April 16, 2013, 10:14:55 pm
Cheers, shady side of St Leger along with Baume Rose will be the back up plan i guess. Mainly psyched for Ceuse so will probably end up just climbing in the sun if it is too cold.

I'll end meeting you out there I'm sure.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#3 Re: Ceuse in may and alternatives.
April 18, 2013, 06:32:22 am
I'll be cooking myself in Buoux and other crags near Apt about the same time if you end up down that way (look out for the pasty weak white guys falling off stuff - that'll be us...)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal