UKBouldering.com

Siurana Pink Pages ticks (Read 1405 times)

Steve R

• forum abuser
Siurana Pink Pages ticks
March 21, 2013, 05:43:54 pm
Hi could someone help out a sad ticking nerd and make a quick list of the routes at Siurana that feature in the on peak rock pink pages.  I might be there next week and my copy's back in UK.  Also, any recommendations on particularly good ones or ones to avoid gratefully received.  Cheers!

north_country_boy

• junky
#1 Re: Siurana Pink Pages ticks
March 21, 2013, 06:10:49 pm
Only one I think...

S'ha de Badar

dpb

• addict
#2 Re: Siurana Pink Pages ticks
March 21, 2013, 08:45:21 pm
There are also 2 down the road at La Mussara. Philadelphia and Aquario

Would seem like a good chance to tick 2 extra pink page routes if you're in the area.

ali k

• junky
#3 Re: Siurana Pink Pages ticks
March 22, 2013, 11:11:36 am
Where do they pull these suggestions from?!

That route at Siurana is worth doing but hardly a classic. And it's a bit of a sandbag IIRC.

Philadelfia at Mussara is pretty nice for the grade, though would have made for a more memorable trad route. Acuario is not worthy of special mention, though the sector it's on (La Proa) has some very good quality 7b/+ routes so perhaps worth a day at Mussara to get them all ticked off.

As for other suggestions...if it's your first time I wouldn't even know where to start. At this time of year maybe better just to go where conditions are best day to day rather than go after specific routes as it's often a choice between too hot in sun or too cold in shade! If it's warm & sunny but windy then Siuranella stuff / El Pati can be decent temps through the middle of the day. If sunny and no wind then the village crags can get a bit sweaty.

Any particular grades you're after? I might be of more use if you can narrow it down. I would say we could meet up but I'm away next week, probably in Chulilla.

Steve R

• forum abuser
#4 Re: Siurana Pink Pages ticks
March 22, 2013, 05:47:44 pm
Thanks, that was easy.  Thanks for Mussara beta also.
Hi Ali, yeah I reckon part of the appeal of the pink pages ticks are some of the quirky, inexplicable selections, especially on foreign ground!  And my post was a bit ambiguous - when I mentioned recommendations, I meant specific to pink pages rather than in general.   First time there so yeah, will be a case of see how hot/cold it is and get on with whatever looks good.  Have a good week, catch up next time hopefully   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal