UKBouldering.com

Business bank account recommendations (Read 22000 times)

chris j

• forum abuser
Thanks all,  I shall have a look and see how I get on with the application process.

chris j

• forum abuser
Update to this, the application process was relatively painless, though slower than I'd have hoped (there was an issue with a digitally signed contract I sent them to verify the type of business I do where the signature was lost in the file upload process) but the account is now up and running. Opening a Euro currency account then took seconds, as opposed to the tortorous process I had to go through with BOS. So looking good so far.

chris j

• forum abuser
Another thumbs up for Starling, previously transferring Euros between my BOS accounts, BOS offered such a poor exchange rate I saved hundreds of pounds by using a 3rd party currency exchange service (www.xe.com). Starling offer a good enough exchange rate for transfers it was marginally cheaper to use their exchange rate rather than the 3rd party service.

tomtom

• forum hero
Nice Chris - does that apply to other currencies too? (Soz if that’s a bit random!) MrsTT part time runs a charity and regularly has real grief transferring smallish amounts of money to Russia, US and other non Euro places…

chris j

• forum abuser
They claim so, though I don't see Russia on their list of countries unfortunately.

https://www.starlingbank.com/send-money-abroad/

remus

• forum hero
Nice Chris - does that apply to other currencies too? (Soz if that’s a bit random!) MrsTT part time runs a charity and regularly has real grief transferring smallish amounts of money to Russia, US and other non Euro places…

I ran in to this service while searching for some business bank account stuff a while ago https://wise.com/ With the caveat that I haven't actually used it before, it looks very good if you need to send money at not-extortionate rates.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos

I ran in to this service while searching for some business bank account stuff a while ago https://wise.com/ With the caveat that I haven't actually used it before, it looks very good if you need to send money at not-extortionate rates.

Wise is great Remus, used it loads over the years. Good rates, fast and easy.

cofe

• forum hero
Does anyone have any up-to-date recommendations? Cheers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal