UKBouldering.com

Hello all (Read 2861 times)

Synchro

Hello all
May 26, 2004, 04:05:18 pm
First post here and I just wanted to say hi.

So, Hi.

Whats the latest bouldering video to be released then?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 05:19:23 pm
Hiya ..... no idea, probably that Colerado Daydreams thing that's just come out recently...

Synchro

#2 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 05:43:15 pm
I can't find it via google. If anyone has a link to a site with it on could they please share it?

Ta.

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#3 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 08:31:11 pm
save your energy and time.  IT's not worth the effort.  Obviously a lot of hard work and time went into making it, but in my opinion it didn't inspire me to go out and climb.  It just made my bum hurt (from sitting there!).  The editing was way over the top and the whole thing was quite slow paced.  The best bit was right at the end when some guy does "Nothing but Sunshine". You can really tell how hard it is, and how much he wants to do it.

Synchro

#4 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 10:00:07 pm
Shame,  can you reccommend any other good vids/dvds that are around at the moment?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 10:03:11 pm
Here's the link anyway:

http://www.codaydream.com/

The classic Brit bouldering video is probably Stick It - a few years old now, but I really like it.

Then there's the classics like One Summer, The Real Thing, Rampage and http.bloc....

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#6 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 10:33:40 pm
Where can one find http.bloc?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#7 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 10:51:18 pm
I was thinking that I should have left that of the list, coz I don't think you can get it anymore - I had a copy of a copy but not sure if I've even got that now.
Cool video, with a good section on thir visit to the Peak District included.

Bleau" is good too - though a bit over-artsey at times it has some quality climbing...anyone know if you can still get Bleau?

dave

#8 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 10:51:18 pm
nah then

i tell thee summert thats all'as flummoxed me, and it why loadza folk on cocktalk are all'as slating Stone Love video and saying its shite and all that. Fuckinell, i personally think its reyt good, what could be better than 4 of UKs strongest boulderers and ritche patterson go on a roadtrip. I recon its got all the main points what you look for in a bouldering vidjo:
  • very hard shit dropping
  • beau looking problems
  • Makes you wanna train
  • quote-able phrases ("little pink trousers", "fucking kilo of apples", "£500 lense" etc etc")
  • kwaliti soundtrack
  • edited tighter than an italian waiters keks.

dave

#9 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 10:54:31 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
I was thinking that I should have left that of the list, coz I don't think you can get it anymore - I had a copy of a copy but not sure if I've even got that now.
Cool video, with a good section on thir visit to the Peak District included.

i always thought http.crock blew a fat dick. maily cos it looked proper amatuer, and also it pisses me off when they take all the bouldering sounds off and all you can hear is music - i like to hear holds being smaked.

Quote from: "Bubba"

Bleau" is good too - though a bit over-artsey at times it has some quality climbing...anyone know if you can still get Bleau?

bleau is good, even the undubbed version is better than tour-de-blocs (which sucks like a dyson), and even taking account the badass 90's french jumper-tucked-into -cotton-lycra fashions.

Synchro

#10 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 11:15:03 pm
ROFL  Great descriptions   :lol:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#11 Re: Hello all
May 26, 2004, 11:43:02 pm
Quote from: "Synchro"

Whats the latest bouldering video to be released then?

The Lisa Rands bouldering video has just been released too. "Bouldering pr0n" as described by a well known Bishop Local.

Blunk

• obsessive maniac
#12 Hello all
May 26, 2004, 11:51:45 pm

Here you go then: http://www.cordee.co.uk/acatalog/climbing18.html

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#13 Hello all
May 27, 2004, 06:20:10 am
Quote from: "dave"
i always thought http.crock blew a fat dick. maily cos it looked proper amatuer, and also it pisses me off when they take all the bouldering sounds off and all you can hear is music - i like to hear holds being smaked.

A little harsh! Yeah, it's not as pro as some of the vids but still worth watching....academic now anyway I spose because it's rare as.

Yeah, Stone Love is a good vid, but the bouldering is just a bit unrelenting for me - I'd like to have seen more of what Cresciano had to offer, though the section when Moony goes off to that other place is nice. Good banter though, and it's great to watch the power of Mr Smith being wielded about the place.

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#14 Hello all
May 27, 2004, 06:50:40 am
Stonelove is one of my favourite vids - great climbing, funny moments etc etc.

And watching Malc piss up everything is very humbling.

I love the bit where he's trying La Proue, and says something like "it's just so f###ing greasy man" and he looks all pissed until someone says "Look at malc - he's  pissed".

It's class.

On that note, has anyone ever seen Shut Up and CLimb - undoubtedly the worst climbing vid ever made. It's absolutely shockingly bad.

cofe

• forum hero
#15 Hello all
May 27, 2004, 10:19:24 am
Quote from: "dave"

• quote-able phrases ("little pink trousers", "fucking kilo of apples", "£500 lense" etc etc")

you forgot:

"i'm feeling really strong, skins in tip-top condition but i'm gonna let these young guys have a go"

or words to that effect. gooooo on lad.

also "malc's pissed", "good one to flash"

Stubbs

#16 Hello all
May 27, 2004, 10:27:10 am
"If i was just 3% fresher" is got to be my favourite patterson quote!

Scouse D

• forum hero
#17 Hello all
May 27, 2004, 10:48:14 am
Also
"get your love handles up it", "I'm certainly not getting my cock pierced", "Like a dog with six cocks".

Synchro

#18 Hello all
May 27, 2004, 10:54:17 am
Looks like I'm gunna have to watch this  :wink:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal