UKBouldering.com

Flexor carpi ulnaris strain (Read 2268 times)

bedrock

• regular
Flexor carpi ulnaris strain
March 07, 2013, 07:31:01 pm
Would welcome some info: Managed to strain my flexor carpi ulnaris at the weekend, have rested since with ibuprofen and icing. I have also splinted it as much as i can. I work as a horse vet so have not taken any more ibuprofen since weds as I wanted to know if it hurt whilst doing the manual work I do, so I could alter the angle of my wrist.

It has been fine for most of the day to day stuff and now I only get pain when I hold an undercling at certain angles (was testing it earlier). I'll soon start wrist stretches/strengthening when I am happy the inflammation has settled.

My question is - will pul-lups on big holds and deadhanging aggravate it? I was hoping to start some training but wasn't sure if they would, especially as it only twinges at certain angles when underclinging, which I am planning on avoiding for a while. If I hang so it doesn't cause me pain is the FCU still in use and therefore likely to be continuously aggravated??

Many thanks

DubDom

• menacing presence
#1 Re: Flexor carpi ulnaris strain
March 10, 2013, 12:40:10 am
Artificial insemination using samples taken from stallions might cause RSI though, especially causing you problems with your open hand technique.
Just sayin....

DubDom

• menacing presence

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal