UKBouldering.com

Do Muira VS and Muira Lace fit the same? (Read 2521 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
Do Muira VS and Muira Lace fit the same?
February 28, 2013, 08:34:18 am
Just wondering if people that have tried both use the same size. I'm currently a 41.5 in the VS which are a pretty much perfect fit but there are no local stockists of the laces (that I know of).

Thanks.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Do Muira VS and Muira Lace fit the same?
February 28, 2013, 08:52:37 am
I wear Laces and have tried VS in the shop. I would take the same size (42 in my case, for a 45 street shoe size)

They are made on the same last but have a very different feel due to the greater tension/downturn of the VS.

thrashhard

• player
it´s about the same as with katana/katana laces i´d say.

Styx

• regular
I'd second all of the above. I'm a street shoe 8, my VS are 38.5 and my laces are a 39 but that's because I predominantly use the laces for long routes or slabs where I want a flatter forefoot. You'll most likely be fine getting the same size as your VS and you can always return them to get the right size if not, I've had good experiences with bananafingers and rock + run doing that.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
Most people seems to have the same size.

Irrelevant point of data:
I have an absurdly large index toe (like tight red camalot in thickness) and had to size the VS half a size larger than Miura, the toe-box on the Miura feels more roomy.

webbo

• forum hero
When ever I've tried the lace up version, they seem to be a completely diffrent shoe to the velcro. Even trying the smallest size I can get on, I seem to end up with a baggy bit just in from the toe box. I don't get this with the velcros.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal