UKBouldering.com

Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders (Read 4487 times)

webbo

• forum hero
Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
February 24, 2013, 09:01:59 pm
Found a new block 50 yards to the left of the small woods boulder ( Problems 1 to 6 in peak bouldering guide)
The hold on on it didn't appear to have been cleaned before.
Problem 1 6ish s/s the grove by the tree (finger hold in grove finger hold in seam on face. Up to good hold swing right to face hold and pop to top.
Problem 2 6ish Same start go left to hold in from left arete then up right arete to finish.
Problem 3 6ish Left Arete from a s/s Also possible starting as problem one but a bit morpho.
Problem 3 6ish. Arete right of problem 1 from a crouching start. Start right hand in higher of the 2 pockets, left hand undercut. Feet on ramp slap left to good side pull and up. Would be possible from a sitter but you end up sat on the pointy block.
Problems 1 and 2 seemed worth doing and didn't appear to have been climbed before but I guess things return to nature fairly quickly down there. If no one counter claims them I'll name them.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#1 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
February 25, 2013, 10:23:50 am
Well I haven't done them, and adding a few more problems to the woods circuit can only be a good thing. Good effort. Bet they're in perfect nick at the moment. Got any pics?

Still some lines to do on the woods boulders too - including the direct finish to Dreamboat, for slab masters. Left hand start might be possible too, using the pocket for right hand.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:40:07 am by r-man »

webbo

• forum hero
#2 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
February 25, 2013, 01:43:35 pm
No pics and me and my Spanish mate cycled out to do them. Me and my mate Bob are a bit old (very) and tend to look a bit crap on film, so we don't bother plus coordinating a camera and spotting is recipe for disaster.
At the moment its dry down there but somethings are returning to nature, that 7a on the sidepulls is pretty green.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#3 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
February 25, 2013, 02:16:13 pm
At the moment its dry down there but somethings are returning to nature, that 7a on the sidepulls is pretty green.

Yeah, that was always the greenest of the lot - we only cleaned the holds. Hoped this area would get more traffic, but it seems they are too far off the beaten path. I noticed on the ukc list of good peak 7a's, Dreamboat is one of only two that have no registered ascents. But hey, with your problems I count nearly 30 so far on these blocks - it's a decent circuit and perfect for windy/hot days. Maybe it will spark some interest this year. Only takes a few people to get busy with chalk and brushes...

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
February 25, 2013, 02:45:14 pm
Its a gorgeous bit of bedding on that rock... *geek*

andy_e

• forum hero
#5 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
February 25, 2013, 02:46:51 pm
 :agree:  8)

webbo

• forum hero
#6 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
March 14, 2013, 12:13:50 pm
Found a new block 50 yards to the left of the small woods boulder ( Problems 1 to 6 in peak bouldering guide)
Problem 1 6ish s/s the grove by the tree (finger hold in grove finger hold in seam on face. Up to good hold swing right to face hold and pop to top.
Problem 2 6ish Same start go left to hold in from left arete then up right arete to finish.
Problem 3 6ish Left Arete from a s/s Also possible starting as problem one but a bit morpho.
Problem 4 6ish. Arete right of problem 1 from a crouching start. Start right hand in higher of the 2 pockets, left hand undercut. Feet on ramp slap left to good side pull and up. Would be possible from a sitter but you end up sat on the pointy block.
Problems 1 and 2 seemed worth doing and didn't appear to have been climbed before but I guess things return to nature fairly quickly down there. If no one counter claims them I'll name them.

As no one has retro claimed these I will name them.
Problem 1 6c Two old men. F.A  S.Webster

Problem 2 6c+ DFBWGC R.I.P.  F.A. S Webster
Problem 3 5+ Green Crack.  F.A. B Berzins
Problem 4 6c+ Peter.  F.A. B.Berzins

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#7 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
March 14, 2013, 12:34:03 pm

lol. Wonder if this will go down in the guides and future generations will wonder wtf that's all about.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#8 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
March 14, 2013, 12:42:59 pm
Problem 4 6ish. Arete right of problem 1 from a crouching start. Start right hand in higher of the 2 pockets, left hand undercut. Feet on ramp slap left to good side pull and up. Would be possible from a sitter but you end up sat on the pointy block.

As no one has retro claimed these I will name them.
Problem 1 6c Two old men. F.A  S.Webster

Problem 3 5+ Green Crack.  F.A. B Berzins
Problem 4 6c+ Peter.  F.A. B.Berzins

good work, O.G team

webbo

• forum hero
#9 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
March 14, 2013, 01:05:46 pm
I was tempted to name them after things I've claimed before but then have retro claimed. :worms:

Dolly

• forum hero
#10 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
March 14, 2013, 11:08:44 pm
Nice bit of rock this Webbo
I did what I think is probably two old men this afternoon. I didnt go for the hold on the right though, just went from the hold at the top of the ramp/groove to the top.
Nice climbing and better rock than the stuff further right for some reason
good place to warm up if youre heading up to the edge and Id like to go back to do the others

webbo

• forum hero
#11 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
March 15, 2013, 09:24:49 am
Cheers. Maybe it should be called 3 old men now. ;D

Dolly

• forum hero
#12 Re: Peak( Froggatt) Sunset Boulders
March 15, 2013, 02:27:38 pm
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal