UKBouldering.com

Downhill Gardener, but on the right (Read 1580 times)

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
Downhill Gardener, but on the right
February 21, 2013, 08:26:18 pm
Did Downhill Gardener this afternoon, but didn't read the description until after topping out via a right hand version. I then did the original. Seemed quite a bit harder (but that might just be based on how much scrittle there was), and in my opinion better than the left hand version. Anyone know if it's given a different name/grade?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 Re: Downhill Gardener, but on the right
February 22, 2013, 09:00:43 am
I know the stand up version of the RHS has been climbed. Did you sit as for DHG and climb into this or climb all the way on the left side but via a more rightward sequence at the top?

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#2 Re: Downhill Gardener, but on the right
February 22, 2013, 02:18:19 pm
Sat as for the LH version:

LH is low pocket, RH on good pinch on arete, LF on notch on arete, RF flagged out right. LH up to positive crimp on left hand face, and again to sloper. RF heel on not a lot. RH match sloper, RF onto starting RH hold (I think) then worked my way up the arete catching the seam with my thumb making a decent pinch. Eventually got my L heel onto the sloper and worked my way up until I could stand up on it. Felt harder, but as I say I think that was down to the scrittle. Also seemed more sustained. I though the original was all over once my L toe was on the positive crimp on LH face, the right hand version seemed to keep going. Certainly a worthy alternative giving that area another variation to add to the mini-circuit ala Leeroy's vid (not including Cool Moon).

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#3 Re: Downhill Gardener, but on the right
February 22, 2013, 03:24:40 pm
The direct start to Black Nix Wall, Crispy Noodling, Boots in the Woods and Fissure Boysen are all also worth doing in that neck of the woods.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal