UKBouldering.com

FS: 06 Skoda Fabia vRS (Read 2490 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
FS: 06 Skoda Fabia vRS
February 08, 2013, 04:17:27 pm
For sale: 06 Fabia vRS:

Skoda Fabia vRS by travelswithmyt4, on Flickr

£4,150 ONO

92,000 miles
7 months tax
1 months MOT
Genuine reason for sale: I'm off getting married/ honeymoon / travelling and as the insurance runs out with the MOT thus it needs to go (I'd leave it but with my luck Sheffield would flood again and I'd lose another car!).

We've had this since 40k miles and bought it after looking at around 5, this was by far the best and was the only one I found that hadn't been tinkered with. I bought it with the intention of remapping but I soon decided that it really didn't need it (in either the performance or the MPG). Its used daily for commuting to Leeds by my better half and on average returns 62mpg (and extremes of 70.4mpg even during rushour traffic!).. She's now using the train so the mileage probably won't change much at all.

Its been serviced at either Bickerton Skoda, Volkstek or Autohausdolby (the last two being VAG independents) since I owned it and has always had genuine parts and VW spec synthetic oil. The tyres are all Uniroyal Rainsport IIs which seem to be the most popular choice amongst owners. The timing belt (+ water pump) have been done and aren't due until 120k miles.

The photos are available in their original size via flickr all-sizes. You can get a good look at the bodywork and see the condition including the items I highlight below (there are also more pictures available).

In the interests of being as honest as possible I'll highlight a few points about the car (please bare in mind that these are me being incredibly fussy, nothing more):

The rear drivers side alloy has some bubbling on one spoke from salt. This is very common on these cars.
The interior being light coloured isn't perfectly light grey any-more.
There are a few marks on the passenger side (plastic) sill.

It's been an absolutely brilliant car offering a good compromise in terms of fuel efficiency and performance and when I'm back I'll be looking at other Skodas straight away.

I'm based in Sheffield, near the magistrates court (and quite close to the Foundry). If you'd like to know anything more or arrange a viewing then please either drop me a PM or reply to this thread.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

(...and yes, I did once go to the trouble of verifying the MPG was vaguely accurate, it wasn't spot on but was fairly representative).

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:50:49 pm by Bubba, Reason: Corrected mpg photo link »

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: FS: 06 Skoda Fabia vRS
February 10, 2013, 07:06:55 pm
Now Sold

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 FS: 06 Skoda Fabia vRS
February 10, 2013, 07:08:12 pm
Nice one Paul. Get a suitable price?

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: FS: 06 Skoda Fabia vRS
February 10, 2013, 07:10:07 pm
Nice one Paul. Get a suitable price?

yup, bought by a VAG technician too. Its the most thorough inspection I've ever seen by someone buying one of my vehicles including a connection to VAGCOM!

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#4 Re: FS: 06 Skoda Fabia vRS
February 10, 2013, 07:16:31 pm
bought by a VAG technician too.

I believe the correct term is "gynaecologist".  ;)

Paul B

• forum hero
#5 Re: FS: 06 Skoda Fabia vRS
February 10, 2013, 08:08:40 pm

:clap2: very good.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
#6 Re: FS: 06 Skoda Fabia vRS
February 11, 2013, 10:42:00 am

:clap2: very good.

:agree:

The car looks very tidy for the age.

Paul B

• forum hero
#7 Re: FS: 06 Skoda Fabia vRS
February 11, 2013, 11:59:42 am
Thanks, it was in good condition and like I said in the advert it took me a while to find one which hadn't been molested in some shape or form when I was originally looking (even cars at dealerships had terrible remaps on them which they seemed oblivious about).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal