Impreza (Read 12224 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Impreza
July 03, 2004, 10:01:23 pm
For the discerning millionaire  :shock:

http://www.williamloughran.co.uk/porschelist.html

That is just crazy money for a car..... I'll have the one in black please....

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#26 Impreza
July 03, 2004, 10:50:16 pm
If you have a bank account with Lloyds Tsb check out http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com

Another thing: people tell me buying a car is an enjoy experience. As this is the most amount I have ever spend I'm finding it pretty stressful  :?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#27 Impreza
July 03, 2004, 11:00:26 pm
Quote from: "dontfollowme"
If you have a bank account with Lloyds Tsb

Unfortunately not.

Quote from: "dontfollowme"
people tell me buying a car is an enjoy experience. As this is the most amount I have ever spend I'm finding it pretty stressful  

You still not sorted something out then?

I think buying cars is a fucking nightmare - there's so many shite ones out there. I reckon it'd be enjoyable if you were seriously loaded and could just pick and choose from the best dealers. These people who have £80k to spend on a Porsche must enjoy the shop a lot...but I certainly don't. My problem is that I always seem to want that car that's just out of my budget  :roll:

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
#28 Impreza
July 04, 2004, 10:52:58 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
You still not sorted something out then?

Nah not yet. Going to see one tomorrow that looks good on paper and has the spec I want, I just hope its good in reality.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#29 Impreza
July 04, 2004, 06:17:54 pm
Well, I've been all sensible and gone for a Golf - found a really nice one with full leather/traction control/heated seats and a nice stereo. Good fun to drive though the suspension needs firming up a bit. Only 42k on the clock, one previous owner. That saves me £1500 from the scooby sale of which some will go into some nice wheels and tyres for it, and the rest will go into the house.

Test drove another 320d estate - boring and sloppy. Also drove a 66k 330d - it was quick and very nice to look at, but was really a bit of a dissapointment to drive - felt disconnected and certainly not worth the 4k more than the Golf.

On the other hand, the little Micra that I slagged off before was a great laugh zapping across the Snake Pass - like a little go-cart.

Good luck with the motor dontfollowme.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal