UKBouldering.com

Fingerboard w/ good slopers + Pinches (Read 2405 times)

martinmc

Fingerboard w/ good slopers + Pinches
January 22, 2013, 12:23:50 pm
Hey all, I've been browsing around the next for a decent fingerboard or similar solution for training up slopers and pinches for when I can't make it to the wall, I say these as they are my biggest weaknesses and most fingerboards will accommodate the rest.

So far the DRCC 5.12 or the Iron Palm look ideal but having them shipped to the UK may be a problem (and quite expensive!)

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#1 Re: Fingerboard w/ good slopers + Pinches
January 22, 2013, 12:39:19 pm
I think it is very hard to train pinches in a productive and safe manner on a fingerboard.  For pinches, this is probably better than a finger-board:

http://sonnietrotter.com/2009/03/09/sonnies-simple-training-tip-of-the-week/

dk

• regular
  • C'est tres bon
#2 Re: Fingerboard w/ good slopers + Pinches
January 22, 2013, 01:43:32 pm
To train pinches on the beastmaker you can squeeze the sides of it with your thumbs in the big slots then make it harder by moving your thumbs to the 45s. This might not be directly related to pinches but I think it has a similar effect.

martinmc

#3 Re: Fingerboard w/ good slopers + Pinches
January 24, 2013, 10:09:44 am
Ah sweet, thanks for the advice folks.

Dexter

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: Fingerboard w/ good slopers + Pinches
January 24, 2013, 05:22:03 pm
in my experience the issue with trying to train pinches on a fngerboar lie in that generally with them you have to pull into the wall not necesarily up hence fingerboards not being ideal. Saying that I have always been strong on them so never really bothered to train it. Maybe buy a breeze block and try to carry it round with you in a pinch grip

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal