UKBouldering.com

Font accommodation (Read 2643 times)

bendavison

• obsessive maniac
Font accommodation
January 09, 2013, 12:13:58 pm
I'm planning a trip to font with my mate from around the 25th feb - 18th march, although the dates aren't finalized, and I'm looking for somewhere to stay but it looks like a lot of the gites are already fully booked.

Is anyone out there at that time and has space in a gite for two more? We'd pay our bit obviously and would be able to give lifts.

Short of that, does anyone have any recommendations for where to stay? How grim is camping there at that time if it came to it?

Any knowledge would be a huge help!

Durbs

• forum hero
#1 Re: Font accommodation
January 09, 2013, 12:25:31 pm
We've stayed in the "Nid de Fauvettes" which is ace - also as they're not part of the French gite association, you don't HAVE to stay for a week...

They only really have a Facebook page I think

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Font accommodation
January 09, 2013, 01:35:33 pm
I've recommended it before and there are a couple of draw backs in so much as its near to a railway line (with trains running through the night) and if I recall correctly there are some sewage works nearby, but I've never found either to be a problem, but you could hire a static caravan here.

Beats camping as you've a proper cooker at your disposal and a gas heater to keep the place warm.

sjw

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Font accommodation
January 09, 2013, 04:32:14 pm
If there's only two of you then a good option financially might be to get a room in a b&b-type place like The House in Tousson.

thedoctorisin

#4 Re: Font accommodation
February 04, 2013, 03:18:49 pm
I stayed at the F1 hotel on my last trip there, facilities are very basic, but its warm and comfortable.  Not much of a communal area though and prices weigh in around 25 euro a night so its not mega cheap...could be a good alternative if all else fails though!

iain

• forum abuser
#5 Re: Font accommodation
April 02, 2013, 12:38:05 pm
We've stayed in the "Nid de Fauvettes" which is ace - also as they're not part of the French gite association, you don't HAVE to stay for a week...

They only really have a Facebook page I think

This is a really nice place, stayed there recently. Good suggestion Durbs, thanks  :thumbsup:

Durbs

• forum hero
#6 Re: Font accommodation
April 02, 2013, 01:35:26 pm
Just got back from there ourselves - sad to leave it.

Great Boulongerie around the corner too...

iain

• forum abuser
#7 Re: Font accommodation
April 02, 2013, 03:05:17 pm
Great Boulongerie around the corner too...

Very good, that was a bonus.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal