Sub 18minute 5k

Done!

New goal, 17.30 5km

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#151 Re: Aims for 2013
April 04, 2013, 12:14:22 pm
Right this year I'm going to get my shit together.

1 - Carried forward from 2012 - the sea arch traverse. If the planets align and we get a decent dry spell it will go.
2 - get sorted with new house
3 - get woody up in new house
4 - get bouldering fitness back on above mentioned woody
5 - get to wall once a weekish and get on some routes
6 - NYD I tipped the scales at 14 st 1.5, my heaviest yet. Aim to be back down to 13 st by the time clocks change.
7 - maybe take on a proper redpoint project for the first time since 2005. If 2 above pans out maybe get on this
http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=198382 as it will be on the doorstep.
8 - get on some of the 30 or so FAs I have earmarked for development
9 - get on some traddy stuff - esp potential new local crag and some west coast spots esp Ardnamurchan108 - yoga at least once every 2 weeks, preferrably weekly.
10 - surf more. Maybe get an inflatable SUP to cruise around coast (subject to 2 as well)
11 - ski / board more
12 - sort out shit at work either by fight or flight
13 - Maybe do Passportes if UKB massive are out again. I will definitely be in Les Gets at that time.
14 - Get decent desktop and get better at photo and video editing

a few more than the 2 last year!

Looks like #2 is ticked, bar any slipups. Double garage - woody build commences end March!

#13 is down the pan though; couldn't make dates work as family are over from Oz, but will be in Les Gets 3 to 15 July if anoone is out there - flights booked, first hol outside UK in 4 years!

Epic fail on #6 - 13st 10 on monday - not even close, still officially a fact hunt. Blaming crap weather and house stuff taking up time.
#11 - relative success though.

metal arms

• menacing presence
#152 Re: Aims for 2013
May 07, 2013, 10:14:50 am
Finally got some enthusiasm for climbing back so lets have a look at these...

2012 was not a vintage climbing year (except Squamish), so I will make some public goals for a bit of motivation.

1.  10 7a's on the bolts.  Had a go at a couple at the weekend but no ticks.  Felt like I was climbing reasonably well but head wasn't so good above the bolts. 
2.  Klondike, Pocket City and Solid Gold at Pen Trwyn.  Not been
3.  The Big Groove and Rat Race on Main Cliff.  Not been
4.  Red Wall on Red Wall.  Not been
5.  Something easy at the easy end of North Stack Wall.  Not been
6.  Go to Pembroke at least once (no trips this year) and do another route in the leap.  (Maybe Bloody Sunday if I have a cup of MTFU).  Not been
7.  Go to Cornwall (Bosigran and Sharpnose are pre-requisites).  Holiday booked for end of the month
8.  Climb in the Pass a bit more.  Not been
9.  Get on Laurin or Flaky Wall at High Tor.  Not been
10.Something on Craig Arthur.  Maybe Manikins of Horror.  Done.  Manikins of Horror got done on Saturday.  Bit of a let down as a route but at least I got stuck in and climbed it with only the minimum of faff in the loose bit...

Only 9/10 remaining!

Luke Owens

• forum hero
    • My Blog
#153 Re: Aims for 2013
May 07, 2013, 10:27:23 am
Finally got some enthusiasm for climbing back so lets have a look at these...

2012 was not a vintage climbing year (except Squamish), so I will make some public goals for a bit of motivation.

1.  10 7a's on the bolts.  Had a go at a couple at the weekend but no ticks.  Felt like I was climbing reasonably well but head wasn't so good above the bolts. 
2.  Klondike, Pocket City and Solid Gold at Pen Trwyn.  Not been
3.  The Big Groove and Rat Race on Main Cliff.  Not been
4.  Red Wall on Red Wall.  Not been
5.  Something easy at the easy end of North Stack Wall.  Not been
6.  Go to Pembroke at least once (no trips this year) and do another route in the leap.  (Maybe Bloody Sunday if I have a cup of MTFU).  Not been
7.  Go to Cornwall (Bosigran and Sharpnose are pre-requisites).  Holiday booked for end of the month
8.  Climb in the Pass a bit more.  Not been
9.  Get on Laurin or Flaky Wall at High Tor.  Not been
10.Something on Craig Arthur.  Maybe Manikins of Horror.  Done.  Manikins of Horror got done on Saturday.  Bit of a let down as a route but at least I got stuck in and climbed it with only the minimum of faff in the loose bit...

Only 9/10 remaining!

Good to see people psyched for the Eglwyseg, good effort on Manikins!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#154 Re: Aims for 2013
May 07, 2013, 05:17:52 pm
1. complete my 12 week training plan without getting horribly injured or slacking off. Tick! Although I got Ill for 3 weeks after and was on 2 courses of antibiotics by the end!
2. Climb Louis Armstrong. Fail - not been the cave for 1 year, will change very soon!
3. Climb Red Baron at Shipley. (Standup) Fail - not been back yet
4. Double body weight deadlift. Fail - got to within 6 kilos, then started to get a dodgy lower back again. Will go back to this later in the year and build up even more slowly
5. Retain the UKB FF title again! On course for glorious victory but very aware of that Manc supporter Lincoln being a bit too close for comfort!

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#155 Re: Aims for 2013
May 07, 2013, 05:35:23 pm
5. Retain the UKB FF title again! On course for glorious victory but very aware of that Manc supporter Lincoln being a bit too close for comfort!

No chance of me catching you!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#156 Re: Aims for 2013
May 07, 2013, 08:26:45 pm
No chance of me catching you!

Good hustle! ;)

Wil

• obsessive maniac
    • Wil Treasure
#157 Re: Aims for 2013
May 10, 2013, 10:47:52 am
Mine are really a repeat of last year's...

Onsight E4 consistently. Done very little trad climbing this year so far. Did get Moon Walk done though, not onsight but a nice tick. Cornwall next week.
Onsight a couple of proper E5s.

Get on a Peak 8a that I'm motivated to do. E.g. Unleashing. Not been on 8a, but first session on Body Machine was good, think it will go with some persistence.
Flash 7b. Very close at Brean Down, second go which is UK best.

3 Font 7a+ and 1 7B. 2 7A+ so far, and very close on others, looking good for this.

Use fingerboard at least twice a week over the winter. Was going well with this, and definitely saw the difference. Unfortunately tweaky finger, then dodgy bicep and now hand injury seems to be getting in the way. Progress though.[/orange]

Money and time dependent it would be good to get some big routes done in Yosemite/Dolomites/Verdon or similar, at the expense of the other goals, but we'll see! Not looking good for this, but gives more time to focus on the above.

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#158 Re: Aims for 2013
May 10, 2013, 12:31:16 pm
Trad
Solid E2 - done some E1s
Some E3 - nothing harder than E1 so far
Sport
Lead 7b - Jam Session at bruixes
solid 6c onsight - everyone has been second go so pretty close
Bouldering
7A - got a project making slow progress

Specific stuff:
Top out the cheif
The grand Wall - Squamish by best possible style
Pebble Wall
Flying arête - fell off top move 6 times in a session
Crucific traverse and low
Climb at gogarth

Eddies

• forum hero
#159 Re: Aims for 2013
May 10, 2013, 01:00:37 pm
Pray for a dry 2013

Strap my ball bag on and climb an E6 grit route this winter.
Continue to develope and train hard on my 45 and barrel.
Clip my way up an 8a in the summer.
Sail the 7c's

I climbed 'Art Nouveau' above pads this winter does that count!?  :doubt:
Trainings gone very well and I stayed devoted to the 45 and barrel.
Not clipped any bolts yet but have draughted up a to do list!
Climbed 'Virtruvian Man' in a session, am close to finishing off 'The Pinch' both 7C boulder probs.

If the weather is kind and I can persuade one of my climbing buddies to share an 8a quest with me I should be on...

Wood FT

• forum hero
#160 Re: Aims for 2013
May 10, 2013, 01:52:14 pm
'cus it's Friday afternoon and I've seen a bandwagon. .

1. Do the Knock, Nosferatu, No More Excuses and Tracka'thacat (dont deck on wings)
Flashed Nosferatu, first of grade whether a 5 or a 6. Havent even made it westside and didnt go up to high neb in the snow.  
1a. Boulder 7b - Monochrome, My Apple, PowerHumps
not tried any 7Bs
2. 7c sport RP - Obsene Gesture/Toilet, New Dawn, Let the tripe increase etc
chose Obscene Gesture, 2 Unsuccessful RPs, feel close or felt close as have now bust finger. 
3. Onsight a mega 7a/+ home or abroad
Onsighted Bueno Bueno in Siurana, mega, buzzing etc. 
4. Trad E3/4 - Memory Lane, Adjudicator Wall, Flaky Wall, Pembroke
not been on Peak trad or the Pass yet, had opportunity in Pembroke for a day but stayed on E1s, felt piss so am dissapointed with myself, still time.
5. Get to Pembroke and Catalunya
tick on both
6. Get out of flat into house
Turns out woman no want move, make man angry grrr
7. Develop girlfriend holiday into DWS trip to Mallorca (wheels in motion)
even got mates coming, motion carried
8. Move out of photograhic punterdom and make longer/better videos throughout year
The zone video got an ok reception, still making stupid mistakes. Took one good photo in 5 months, down to the camera rather than me.
9. If it rains for another month scrap all the above and leave the sinking kingdom
quietly confident about the summer of '13

all in all looking good (must of set them too easy) plenty of time for all goals. I am treating the recent finger gripe properly so just hope it will recover quick enough.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#162 Re: Aims for 2013
May 22, 2013, 12:48:23 pm
1. Finish my Red Wall Link Up Project  Only been on rock twice.
2. Boulder 7c. I think the Red Wall project will be this grade, so that is excluded.  It'd be nice to do a 7C that doesn't instantly get downgraded too.  Ditto.
3. Reacquaint myself with Silverdale after a year of not visiting.  Ditto.
4. Build a woody, and more crucially, use it  Planned.  I've just got to finish painting, then buy some wood.......
5. Tick two problems from the last few years Aims For lists  Not been out.
6. Run another marathon or two  Did Manchester, and ran the course for the Rivington Ultra Trail.  Doing the event in November.
7. Go to Font  Booked for August.
8. Do at least twenty new Wainwrights  Done 12 so far this year.
9. 7b in Font  Probably unlikely in August after a year of doing no climbing!
10. Read ten more books from the BBC Big Read top 100  Working my way through Gone with the Wind at present.

Hoseyb

• forum abuser
  • Master of Obscurites
    • www.hoseyb.org.uk
#163 Re: Aims for 2013
May 22, 2013, 09:16:25 pm
Same aim as Last Year.

Get up the Beast.

All holds found, moves held, and Psyche Found, all I need to do now is Start Training..

...Off to do some Press Ups!

joel182

• obsessive maniac
#164 Re: Aims for 2013
May 22, 2013, 11:25:08 pm
Same aim as Last Year.

Get up the Beast.

All holds found, moves held, and Psyche Found, all I need to do now is Start Training..

...Off to do some Press Ups!

I think Dave Graham established that if you're taking it seriously, you also have to do sit-ups.

(Good luck!)

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
#165 Re: Aims for 2013
May 30, 2013, 01:38:06 pm
Just got back into the swing of things, now that my work life is in order.

So here are my better late than never goals:

1. Get bouldering regularly again (Two sessions in, lets keep it going!)

2. Get out and hit Kent and the Midlands for some bouldering on actual boulders instead of spending half my life at indoor walls.

3. Be more sociable.......i'm working on it!

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#166 Re: Aims for 2013
May 30, 2013, 04:14:22 pm
Start bouldering again, having done pretty much nothing in 2012. Apart from a slight injury to my left bicep, I've been getting out a lot more regularily. Tick!. Start and see through to the end the insanity workout in January. FAIL. Keep off the booze for all of January and generally keep it in control for the rest of my life. FAIL on the January thing but generally a lot less than previously consumed. Get my business established and sort my finances out. Certainly picking up more trade and moved into other areas of work also so happy days. Still skint though. Get at least one decent holiday booked and also make it to Font for the first time (could be one and the same!) FAIL. Grow my hair again and stop looking like a thug. MASSIVE TICK! Finish the remaining jobs on the house. FAIL Get established doing regular DJ sets in and around Keswick. TICK. All in all, should be easy.......

Not too bad, but could do better. C-

205Chris

• forum hero
#167 Re: Aims for 2013
May 30, 2013, 07:46:05 pm
I immediately regret writing this as normally my plans are massively over ambitious. In an attempt to manage my expectations I've kept it as vague as possible:

i. Stop wasting my time on anything other than inspiring problems
Had to remind myself of this on more than one occasion
ii. Climb more stuff outside the peak
Trips to various Yorkshire & Northumberland crags. Need to get over to Wales / Lakes
iii. Reiver (see aims i & ii.)
Boom! Bank Holiday ground up tick in a session
iv. Font 7C+ (must meet criteria of aim no. i)
Did Heaven in your Hands, not convinced it's 7c+ but to be honest I wanted to climb this regardless of the grade
v. Finish my on - off 4 year affair with Arch Enemies (ideally this would be completed tops off for power style in front of a bunch of hot female tourists who all want to sleep with me afterwards)
Not been over to Dovedale yet
vi. Be less shallow (see aim no. v)

It seems publicly stating my goals has either galvanised me into action or I should have been more ambitious  :-\

JackAus

• junky
#168 Re: Aims for 2013
June 02, 2013, 10:05:49 am
Font 7b by the end of the year sounds good and is more than attainable.. Working on it. Made plenty of progress...
Boulder and DWS developing... Shit loads around here. Got some good bouldering being developed. DWS will have to wait until it gets abit warmer but have got some walls in mind.
Get down to the Grampians this winter too. Check! Going down there in 2 weeks for a week.... Can't fucking wait...

andy popp

• forum hero
#169 Re: Aims for 2013
June 03, 2013, 09:35:50 pm
Too late in join really I know but recent signs of a bit of form coming back have made me determined to capitalize on it after a couple of pretty slack years:

1. 7B+. I know that looks like grade chasing but ...Need to think of a good target. Don't think there's much to go at in Cheshire so maybe North Wales or South Lakes. Any ideas?

2. Trying 1. might give me the confidence to mop a couple of remaining route projects in Cheshire

3. Continue scouting out new problems and crags (hopefully!) in Cheshire

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#170 Re: Aims for 2013
June 03, 2013, 10:04:14 pm
Some ideas for you Andy:

N Wales
The pit and the pendulum, Harvey Oswald ss (both @ milestone buttress boulders)
Ring of fire high, left wall high (7c but ok if you're good @ vert) (Parisellas)
S Lakes
Rigpa ss (Woodwell) (prob more like 7B but worth doing)

andy popp

• forum hero
#171 Re: Aims for 2013
June 04, 2013, 07:20:32 am
Thanks Richie, I quite like the Milestone idea. I did go to try Harvey Oswald once and split a tip the second I pulled on - shouldn't let that put me off though. They might be quite 'summer proof' too.

Haven't been to Woodwell but it looks like Rigpa isn't on one of those roofs there. Another good possibility.

wintermute

• menacing presence
#172 Re: Aims for 2013
June 04, 2013, 03:54:04 pm
Texas hold em at Trowbarrow would be top of my list if I was after a 7B+ round there.

leeroy

• forum abuser
#173 Re: Aims for 2013
June 04, 2013, 03:56:31 pm
They might be quite 'summer proof' too.

did harvey stand last weekend whilst we were waiting for the pass to empty out a bit. despite being a roasting day it was in good nick, seems a good bet.

csl

• junky
#174 Re: Aims for 2013
June 18, 2013, 10:47:45 pm
Half way through the year update

Re-establish regular climbing and training - move somewhere/ meet people that makes this possible. Done so far - and moving north is sort of in motion

Sport

Climb more 7c sport routes, and a 7c+. Have climbed 1 more 7c so far
Go to Ceuse - Finish off Vagabond. Try Les Collonetes and Priviledge du Serpent.Ceuse was sick, did vagabond and came really close to Privilege

Beat last years '7's' - 18 12/18 so far

Trad

Get back up to E4 onsights again.
and Wall of the Worlds/ any other cool looking E5.

Beat last years E-points - 78 Some way to go with on 2 E points so far!

Climb Freeborn Man

Sub 18minute 5k Done

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal