UKBouldering.com

What's a half decent 'smart phone' that's likely to be free on contract? (Read 2618 times)

cha1n

• forum hero
Hey

Just returned from a long trip abroad where I had to downgrade to PAYG. I have a motorola defy which I've generally been pretty happy with. I thought it was indestructible after many occasions of dropping and lobbing across the room, then a granite crystal had other ideas and decided to shatter the screen.

If I'm going to be paying something from £10-15/month then I think I should be getting a half decent phone included for free for my troubles. My initial thought was a Nexus 5 but it's tricky to find anything that isn't bit pricier and I'm not keen on buying the phone upfront.

Can anyone recommend a different phone that's decent (especially the battery life with lots of internet use) that will likely be free on contract?

Cheers!

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
Motorola Moto G. You could either buy it outright for £100ish/£130ish or get it on a cheap contract.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Motorola Moto G. You could either buy it outright for £100ish/£130ish or get it on a cheap contract.

Very happy with my moto g. It has a few flaws but hard to fault at the money

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Phones are never "free" on contract, you always pay for them.

cha1n

• forum hero
Thanks for the replies.

I worked it out by adding the price of a sim-free monthly contract onto the price of buying a phone upfront and it worked out pretty similar just getting a contract with said phone included for 'free'. Figured it saves me having to buy £300 phone upfront!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I worked it out by adding the price of a sim-free monthly contract onto the price of buying a phone upfront and it worked out pretty similar just getting a contract with said phone included for 'free'. Figured it saves me having to buy £300 phone upfront!

Thats not a saving though, its just spreading the cost.

dontfollowme

• Trusted Users
  • junky
What phone did you go for?

cha1n

• forum hero
Yeh, I'm not bothered particularly about making a saving :o more just trying to get a phone sorted asap as mine is knackered!

I've not decided yet but will hopefully have something by the end of the day!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal