UKBouldering.com

Winter bouldering inventory beta (Read 23481 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#75 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 14, 2012, 10:02:54 am
rechargeable hand warmers....

hmmm

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#76 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 16, 2012, 07:27:14 pm
Lagers that is an excellent shout. My dad listens to Keith Arthur's fishing show on Talksport each Sunday morning and told me they were debating the tits off handwarmera this morning. Apparently the Peacock handwarmer is a force to be reckoned with. Going to order the big guy one for Christmas so hopefully can feed back soon.

http://www.peacockhandwarmers.co.uk/

tomtom

• forum hero
#77 Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 16, 2012, 07:35:13 pm
Tried those Decathlon wellies at Burbage last night, very good for £15. Took all of 5 minutes before I'd trodden in dog shit though  :furious:

I've noticed that as they're made of shiny plastic (including the soles) that mud/shit washes off them really easy..

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#78 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 17, 2012, 10:28:42 am
Bought some of that Rochester non-alcoholic ginger wine that Moose gave the heads up on, awesome stuff. On offer at the mo (buy one get one half price). Took some out in a flask, hot with Ribena the other night, lovely!  :thumbsup:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#79 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 17, 2012, 12:03:02 pm
Tried those Decathlon wellies at Burbage last night, very good for £15. Took all of 5 minutes before I'd trodden in dog shit though  :furious:

I've noticed that as they're made of shiny plastic (including the soles) that mud/shit washes off them really easy..

Is a car battery powered pressure washer necessary for inclusion in the inventory for cleaning everything down?

tomtom

• forum hero
#80 Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 17, 2012, 12:08:29 pm
One simply needs to find a suitably large puddle near the car to roll around in. Perfect.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#81 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 17, 2012, 12:35:11 pm
I've been doubling up on hats lately. I've got a nice woolly, fleece lined one but it's even warmer with a second hat underneath. I like a warm head.

metal arms

• menacing presence
#82 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 17, 2012, 03:53:19 pm

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#83 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 24, 2012, 08:39:35 am
I got Mrs Starfish a Zippo hand warmer for Christmas -tested it out in the Secret Testing Ground (cellar, not Area 52) overnight - lit it at about 2pm yesterday; still hot at 7am this morning...

instructions did say to fill it with twice the normal amount of fuel for the first session, so maybe that leads to a longer "burn" on the first go

I was concerned that the cheap fuel I got from Poundland for £1 might not be good enough, but it worked fine

without the bag/pouch the warmer is hot to hold - almost too hot against my ladylike skin

with the pouch it's merely warm

somewhere in between would be good for warming hands up quickly - maybe use a thinner material for the pouch - old sunglasses bag? bit of bed sheet?

seems like it would be fine to light at home in between making hot Vimto and de-icing the car and be fine for a a full bouldering session, not that she'll be using it for this of course

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#84 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 24, 2012, 09:34:39 am
Crag tested my half-welly, half-price fur lined boots yesterday bought from Cotton Traders for £22.50. Kept my feet warms between redpoints goes on the Green Traverse.

They are unisex, honest...

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#85 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
December 24, 2012, 02:58:24 pm
Bought some of that Rochester non-alcoholic ginger wine that Moose gave the heads up on, awesome stuff. On offer at the mo (buy one get one half price). Took some out in a flask, hot with Ribena the other night, lovely!  :thumbsup:

Word. Just bought a bottle in town and heated it up on the hob with a star anise. Tastes very good but I wonder if you need a fair bit of the cordial-water in the mix?

You mention mixing with Ribena too Obi? I'm well down for experimenting as Bonjoy mentions he does.

Thanks again for the shout Moose!

yankcranker

• god's country
  • blazed
#86 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
January 17, 2013, 02:05:22 pm
been making it happen in the 20s out here...its all about the hot hands packets in the chalkpot IMO. shit lasts a couple days sometimes, and its super soothing to have toasty chalk in the gym as well  :-*

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#87 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
January 17, 2013, 02:23:33 pm
been making it happen in the 20s out here...its all about the hot hands packets in the chalkpot IMO. shit lasts a couple days sometimes, and its super soothing to have toasty chalk in the gym as well  :-*

"20s" would be warm in the UK, although I guess you're using the imperial Fahrenheit.

Nigel

• forum hero
#88 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
January 17, 2013, 02:32:20 pm

"20s" would be warm in the UK, although I guess you're using the imperial Fahrenheit.

Of course he is.

rich d

• forum hero
#89 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
February 22, 2013, 09:35:57 pm
Just got myself a pair of down tent slippers.....for the house. Lovely

rich d

• forum hero
#90 Re: Winter bouldering inventory beta
October 11, 2013, 10:34:34 am
Seeing as it's getting colder, thought I'd get my flask out, to find that I couldn't find it. Anyone got any recommendations for the ultimate bouldering flask?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal