UKBouldering.com

Best deal on Scarpa Instincts? (Read 9309 times)

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 28, 2012, 01:55:17 pm
Has anybody seen any good offers around? Looking for a 41.5

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
#2 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 28, 2012, 02:08:08 pm
Yes, mate. As you can see it doesnt bring too much up though. Just thought somebody might know of a sale on somewhere, maybe, that google doesnt bring up

Stabbsy

• junky
#3 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 28, 2012, 02:28:03 pm
Just got some from Climb Newcastle for £75. Usually worth checking Wildtrak as well, got my last pair from there.

cha1n

• forum hero
#4 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 28, 2012, 06:27:12 pm
Apparently the Instinct VS is coming out in December(ish). Might be worth holding out, that's what I'm doing, it was the pants heel that put me off originally.

Stabbsy

• junky
#5 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 28, 2012, 11:27:37 pm
Apparently the Instinct VS is coming out in December(ish). Might be worth holding out, that's what I'm doing, it was the pants heel that put me off originally.

On the slippers or the lace-up? The lace-up heels work really well for me, but so do most Scarpa heels.

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
#6 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 02:09:43 am
Its the laces i am after

cha1n

• forum hero
#7 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 09:39:58 am
Ah, the VS is a variant of the instinct slipper. I had the laces for a while but found them to stiff for climbing in. I put them up against my Miura VS and they are exactly the same shape, there's a bit of random information for you.

When I was in France in Oct, decathlon were selling them for like 50€, might be cost effective to order from Europe?

thrashhard

• player
#8 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 10:22:21 am
The shape of the Miura VS and the Instinct is totally differnet. Had `em both and they don´t feel or look any alike.
Btw. the Instinct S and LU don´t have much in common. The slipper has a totally differnt lookin´last than the Lace up.
If your look at the soleshape the slipper looks like its shaped a lot like the Vapor LU.

cha1n

• forum hero
#9 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 10:39:02 am
The shape of the Miura VS and the Instinct is totally differnet.

I disagree, I had them both too and actually held them sole side up next to each other and they were near identical in the shape on the bottom (these were womens muira VS but the differences between the mens are minor). I didn't say they were similar in every aspect, just the shape of the sole unit. The instinct lace has a much higher volume toebox and the heel is slightly softer (better) but still very similar in shape.

I also realise that the slipper is *slightly* different to the lace version, but the vapour lace is quite clearly much lower volume in the toebox than the instinct (having tried the vapour variants on, they all are too low volume for my long toes). I thought the main difference between the instinct s and lace was the stiffness and arch support. The instinct S has quite loose elastic which offers very minimal support to someone like myself with a low volume arch section of the foot, the heel was also quite loose, again due to the shoe clearly being designed for a high volume foot.

The Instinct VS looks great, slightly lower volume, moulded heelcup, split sole, arch tensioning band and a velcro strap to stop the heel popping. I think I'll be one of the UK's first customers for them!

Sorry Dave, bit  :offtopic:

tim palmer

• forum abuser
#10 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 11:10:33 am
I tried some prototypes of the instinct vs slippers, they felt much softer than the lace ups (obviously), very solution like.  I have heard rumours they are going to be very very expensive

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
#11 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 11:40:28 am
The high price of the new VS does surprise me. Scarpas have really shot up recently! Thats why I am trawling for bargains!!!!

b3n99

• stalker
#12 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 12:37:43 pm
Managed to get my hands on a pair of the velcros and would say they're worth waiting for, but get them super tight!

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
#13 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 12:50:22 pm
I was meant to say "high price of new VS does NOT surprise me"...... stupid computer!

tim palmer

• forum abuser
#14 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 12:53:26 pm
Managed to get my hands on a pair of the velcros and would say they're worth waiting for, but get them super tight!
the instinct velcros?  If you don't mind me being crass how much did you pay for them or was it freebie?

cha1n

• forum hero
#15 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 01:27:02 pm

Hey Ben, it's Ross.

I noticed Tom sent you the velcros, I'm going to see if he can get me a pair. My Jet 7's are wearing out fast and thought these would be a good replacement. How do they compare to the jet 7's?

We'll be up Saturday if you're out!

cha1n

• forum hero
#16 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 01:35:14 pm
If you don't mind me being crass how much did you pay for them or was it freebie?

He's a sponsored athlete for bananafingers who gave him a sample pair, they aren't selling them yet though.

tim palmer

• forum abuser
#17 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 01:53:12 pm

He's a sponsored athlete

ooooooo an athlete no less!

I wasn't meaning to be rude about the paying thing, I had just heard rumours that they were going to be going for north £140 and I was wondering whether that was true. 

cha1n

• forum hero
#18 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 02:34:40 pm
Seems to be standard terminology used by sponsors.

I don't see how asking how much would be rude, you're obviously too polite. £140 is hilarious, seeing as the slipper sells for 80/85, that seems unlikely. The boostic is selling at close to 100 now and I'd expect that to be their priciest shoe.

The instinct vs is basically a higher volume python, which sells for 75/80. Was this price beta given to you in jest?

tim palmer

• forum abuser
#19 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 29, 2012, 02:56:44 pm
no, it was from another "athlete", but he is an "athlete" who is a bit prone to a bit of leg pulling, that is why I asked.   

thrashhard

• player
#20 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 30, 2012, 08:30:54 am
The shape of the Miura VS and the Instinct is totally differnet.

I disagree, I had them both too and actually held them sole side up next to each other and they were near identical in the shape on the bottom (these were womens muira VS but the differences between the mens are minor). I didn't say they were similar in every aspect, just the shape of the sole unit. The instinct lace has a much higher volume toebox and the heel is slightly softer (better) but still very similar in shape.

I also realise that the slipper is *slightly* different to the lace version, but the vapour lace is quite clearly much lower volume in the toebox than the instinct (having tried the vapour variants on, they all are too low volume for my long toes). I thought the main difference between the instinct s and lace was the stiffness and arch support. The instinct S has quite loose elastic which offers very minimal support to someone like myself with a low volume arch section of the foot, the heel was also quite loose, again due to the shoe clearly being designed for a high volume foot.

The Instinct VS looks great, slightly lower volume, moulded heelcup, split sole, arch tensioning band and a velcro strap to stop the heel popping. I think I'll be one of the UK's first customers for them!

Sorry Dave, bit  :offtopic:

By comparing the Vapor Lace and the instinct S i only ment the soleshape and their asymetry not the toebox. and reduced to that the Instinct S is as asymetric and shaped as the Vapor LU but nothing like the Instinct LU.
A Friend of mine has a Instinct slipper and you can´t tell them apart from my Vapor Laces if you look at them from the bottom (even the orange colour is irritating) but they don´t look like they are any alike my Instinct LU´s.

b3n99

• stalker
#21 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 30, 2012, 04:47:54 pm
Hi tim, ye i got them off banana fingers so i can do a video review for his website. Don't know when they are meant to be up for sale officially in the UK but heard from Tom that scarpa are making the actual shoes a fair bit softer. Would be a huge mistake if you ask me because these arent exactly stiff. No one will go near them if there that much anyway so shouldn't matter! And very different to the jet 7's ross, stiffer and more precise for edges, alot tighter width wise and a great fit beacuse they're really elasticated. Dunno what the actual model will be like though.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#22 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 30, 2012, 05:00:43 pm
No one will go near them if there that much anyway so shouldn't matter!

Are you saying they are rubbish? Or are you referring to the supposed £140 price tag?

joe dobson

• addict
#23 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
November 30, 2012, 06:16:58 pm
I believe he's on about the softness; so they're already pretty soft but Scarpa say they're going to be even softer. So people may not like them if they're that soft.

b3n99

• stalker
#24 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
December 01, 2012, 04:42:33 pm
No one will go near them if there that much anyway so shouldn't matter!

Was referring to the fact I don't know anyone that would spend 140 quid on a pair of climbing shoes.

Just for the record I think they're great.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#25 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
December 01, 2012, 05:01:33 pm
They'll all be 140 very soon

bananafingers

#26 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
December 02, 2012, 08:32:20 pm
Glad to hear the VS are good Ben, might try and head up this week at some point so will shout you on that. Weather will prob rubbish as usual though whenever i try and get out. Im not aware of a £140.00 price tag at all, i think i would have remembered if it was mentioned at that price! I was of the impression they would be about the same as everything else, about £100ish poss a little more.

groovedog

• addict
#27 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
January 19, 2013, 05:13:58 pm
Now in decathlon sheffield would you believe

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/instinct-id_8189722.html

£80

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#28 Re: Best deal on Scarpa Instincts?
January 19, 2013, 05:36:26 pm
Now in decathlon sheffield would you believe

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/instinct-id_8189722.html

£80

That looks like a very symmetrical shoe.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal