UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Harthill Quarry][Me and the Monkey Bar Kid][6c] (Read 1572 times)

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Great new problem taking the wall and roof right of Chinka Choo at the left hand end of the quarry.  Did the indirect last week which is a quality 5+/6a itself.  Eventually managed to link the direct start to the roof today after numerous attempts and a bit of a seepage issue. 

Have also added seven other worthwhile problems at this end of the quarry which are in the 5-6a range.  Some steep crack/face climbing and a two handed dyno for beginners.

Hopefully they'll see some traffic by folk on their way to Clifftop.  This one in particular is definately worth checking out.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Good work Marc. You going to spill the beans on the 'other place' this weekend?  :jab:  :clap2:

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Good work Marc. You going to spill the beans on the 'other place' this weekend?  :jab:  :clap2:

Hmmm.  Okay, will put a new post on later. 
This is a clip of the original 5+/6a version of the problem from last week.  I had to ab down and towel the seepage first, then had a 2 minute window of climbing before it got too wet.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
I had to ab down and towel the seepage first, then had a 2 minute window of climbing before it got too wet.

:lol:

Somewhat conditions dependant?  ;)

bolehillbilly

• stalker
Seems to give a bit of seepage for a day after rain, I just timed it badly.  Harthill gets plenty of sun and these side walls catch the wind too. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal